Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (3 Viewers)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am sorry, but I don't know the internal structures from MP and why this NFO format does not work for you. This format has been developed a long time ago with some help of other users which use MP.
Is there no "official" NFO description in the MP wiki which declares what fields are supported and how they should be structured?

I am wondering because no one else have complained about that in the past years... (and the format has not been changed since then)

An interesting question. So I have had a look..
The Wiki for MP1 states that the details in the .nfo for genre should be as follows.
<genre>Animation</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Family</genre>
In that layout/format, both Mp1's Videos importer and the plugin Moving Pictures (what I use) imports the genre data perfectly.
The issue is only there when using .nfo files generated using TMM. Where the formatting is :
<genres>
<genre>Animation</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Family</genre>
</genres>

Whilst experimenting with this, I believe I have found the issue. I am using the settings in TMM for use with Media Portal. These are what do not work.
If I use the settings for Kodi or XBMC/Kodi<16 then it writes the .nfo correctly. Without the <genres></genres> tags in the way. Which are confusing the scrapers.

Two other issues I have found with the formatting also are as follows.

When set to Media portal NFO format, it only generates <certification>rating</certification>
When on the Kodi option, it writes both <cetification> and <mpaa> into the nfo. Mediaportal requires the <mpaa> to scrape the certification rating.

lastly, Media portal requires the languages field to be <language></language> , Not <languages></languages> as is currently being written.
currently, all version of settings (MP, Kodi, XBMC) in TMM write that as <languages>. It needs to be <language>

Here is the link to the wiki page. 1.6.x - NFO file usergroup (movie set) additional support

thanks.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
September 23, 2013
Home Country
Austria Austria
IIRC we have introduced the MP NFO style because one of the MP versions (1.x or 2.x?) was not compatible with the XBMC NFO style..

when I have time to compare the wikis (for MP 1.x and MP 2 NFO style) I will make a second MP NFO style (dedicated to the _other_ MP version)..

If you want you could help me find the needed information ;)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
IIRC we have introduced the MP NFO style because one of the MP versions (1.x or 2.x?) was not compatible with the XBMC NFO style..

when I have time to compare the wikis (for MP 1.x and MP 2 NFO style) I will make a second MP NFO style (dedicated to the _other_ MP version)..

If you want you could help me find the needed information ;)

If it helps, I have found these two items in the wiki. NFO Node - Lexical support
and NfoFileFormat

The first link is perhaps more useful. as it shows side by side the formatting supported in MP1 and MP2.
Of note though, there is no entry for Language at all.!! So, knowing MP1 supports the tag <language>, I would say its a safe bet MP2 would also.
I don't know why there isn't an (x) marked against <genre> for MP2 on that list. As it would be pretty crazy if that wasn't supported also.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Simply way, create nfo from MP1 :) and check ...

Attachments

• Такси 2 - Taxi 2 (2000).nfo.zip
      2.6 KB

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    I don't use MP2 for multiple reasons.
    I, and I expect a lot of users, still use MP1 and Moving Pictures. And it's for that which I am hoping that @mlaggner can tweak TMM to get the right formatting.
    If it happens to work on MP2 is an aside for me.

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ajs had a great idea ;)
    would be nice if someone could export me a NFO from MP 1.x and one of MP 2.x so I could compare these to our implementation (and use them in our unit tests)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I, and I expect a lot of users, still use MP1 and Moving Pictures.
    Many, but not all, my NFOs from the standard MyVideo MP1 plugin, I do not use Moving Pictures, it is not convenient for me. How it processes NFO files I do not know. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    NFO from MP 1.x and one of MP 2.x so I could compare these to our implementation (and use them in our unit tests)
    MP2 is fully compatible with Kodi regarding to .nfo and local fanart. MP1 don't support .nfo for series at all so you also don't need to look after. Just movies .nfo can be used inside MP1. Moving Pictures plugin also is compatible with Kodi (with xbmc .nfo grabber script), at least it was last time I've used it (many years ago). The in-build "MyVideos" is different a bit here. But I can't give you an .nfo as I don't use MyVideos and I never had aside for some testing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom