Tool for getting Dutch Tvguide (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
At the start of the ini file you need to let tvxb know where the file has to be generated and what it should be called when finished. The path should be changed to where your MP gets the tvguide.xml.
the name of the file should be tvguide.xml.
But I'll let you know as soon as I get home.

THe only thing you just need to do is (from the top of my head):
1. install tvxb,
2. place my ini file (I'll post later) in the 'program data/tvxb' folder
3. make windows run tvxb periodically (Start/Control Panel/Scheduled Tasks).

thats it :)

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Are you using MP or TV server? I have finally managed to get the tvguide.xml file, but I can't get the mapping correctly. The pull down just stays empty in the xmltv plugin for tv server, so therefore no programs get added to the channels I have.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't use tv-server, I use MP standalone (this is a thread under "MP 1", not "MP TV-server 1" ;) ) and I don't use a xmltv plugin, I use tvxb.
I never used the tv-server so I don't know how tvguide generation works with MP TV-server 1.

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got fed up with TV server and wasting my night's sleep. So uninstalled the program and what do you know EPG worked immediately in MP.
I first had a problem with offset, but fixed that, now only I"m still missing some channels though I added them manually with in the ini file, must be something off with the mapping.

Let me know your ini file, I'd like to see it.

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cool channels you watch, but I don't have any of those. I finally got it working. It was a bit weird. CHannels started showing up in my tv guide list, and channel list that had EPG. So I fiddled a bit with the channels and deleted the ones I added but didn't have EPG and now I have most of the channels. Still sometimes something goes a bit wrong with fetching the data, weird time or duration of 0, but I don't think that's a big problem.

I may have to adjust my ini file to grab from UPC as well because my tv gids script only grabs 2 days.

I also included my tvgids ini file.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I should have mentioned that in my ini-file I've only included the channels that did not have EPG data in the DVB stream to reduce download time. That's better for the UPC server.
But looking at your ini file I guess you are an analog viewer.
It's very easy to add new channels. In the ini file, just copy all of the info of a channel and replace the channelname and url with the channelname in MP and the correct url of the UPC site.

The channelname in the ini file must be the same as in MP.
A good thing to do before you import the EPG data is to empty the database. This could solve the "duration of 0" problem.

Erwin

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Houten
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I now use tvxb.
It uses the UPC website to download the EPG data and writes it to tvguide.xml every night. MP automatically downloads the tvguide.xml into the tv guide.
I must say, it works like a charm! No problems whatsoever.
I can post my ini file if someone is interested in using this alternative in Holland.

Thanks very much for this usefull tip KKendall :D
I'll try this weekend to set it up for my TV-Server

Chears,... Erwin

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cool channels you watch, but I don't have any of those.
I may have to adjust my ini file to grab from UPC as well because my tv gids script only grabs 2 days.

Why don't you replace your ini file with my ini file and just change the names and urls to the channels you have :confused: :)
Seems to me the quickest, easiest and fastest way...

Users who are viewing this thread