Tool for getting Dutch Tvguide (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Houten
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I have a very limited day-span of 3 in my WEB-EPG. I think (not sure right now) that the EPG-info is grabbed form DVB... so if there 's any way to look beyond those 3 days I really would like that.
Does your method provide that?

Greatings, Erwin

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you haven't linked the tvchannel to a website/channel in the WebEPG configuration program than the EPG is grabbed from the DVB.
If you linked a tv channel to a EPGwebsite in the WebEPG configuration program than the EPG is grabbed from the EPGwebsite you selected.
If the website provides 3 days in their EPG data, the EPG in MP will show no more than 3 days.

You could give WebEPG a try, it's not that hard to understand. In my case with CAIWAY (NL), the WebEPG gives me a EPG for some channels that don't have a EPG in the DVBstream, but unfortunately far from all of the channels. I still miss EPG data for a lot of channels.

I know there is a site (UPC) that practically has all the EPG data a person in Holland needs, but unfortunately there is no .ini file written for it (needed by WebEPG to use the EPG data of that website in MP) and nobody seems to be able/wants to help me to make it...

I want to do everything in my power to help make this file but I'm not a programmer and nobody bothers to answer me to help me on my way... :s

Erwin

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Houten
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you haven't linked the tvchannel to a website/channel in the WebEPG configuration program than the EPG is grabbed from the DVB.
If you linked a tv channel to a EPGwebsite in the WebEPG configuration program than the EPG is grabbed from the EPGwebsite you selected.
If the website provides 3 days in their EPG data, the EPG in MP will show no more than 3 days.

You could give WebEPG a try, it's not that hard to understand. In my case with CAIWAY (NL), the WebEPG gives me a EPG for some channels that don't have a EPG in the DVBstream, but unfortunately far from all of the channels. I still miss EPG data for a lot of channels.

I know there is a site (UPC) that practically has all the EPG data a person in Holland needs, but unfortunately there is no .ini file written for it (needed by WebEPG to use the EPG data of that website in MP) and nobody seems to be able/wants to help me to make it...

I want to do everything in my power to help make this file but I'm not a programmer and nobody bothers to answer me to help me on my way... :s

Hello Kkendall, :D

Thanks for the advice about WebEPG.... Finally i got it working... had to manually add all the channels though.

Have a few Q's for you:
1) How many days does that UPC-site has data in advance.
2) Which channels are you missing (www_tvgids_nl.xml AND sbs6_sbs_nl.xml are reasonably OK don't you think so?)

Alas I have no experience wiht XML at all so I think i can not help here...
I'm hoping someone with XML-knowledge will help

Cheers, Erwin

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Have a few Q's for you:
1) How many days does that UPC-site has data in advance.
2) Which channels are you missing (www_tvgids_nl.xml AND sbs6_sbs_nl.xml are reasonably OK don't you think so?)

I'm hoping someone with XML-knowledge will help

Cheers, Erwin

1.) Just look at the tvguide on the UPC website to see how many days a channel has data in advance. :rolleyes:
It depends on how UPC gets their data from the tvbroadcasters. As you can see, some have 7 days, some 3, etc.

2.) I'm sorry, but tvgids.nl and the sbs6 tv guide are far from complete, like I already pointed out 2 posts ago (for a forum to work like it's intended, please read more than just the last post before asking questions, to prevent explaining the same thing over and over again :) ) A quote from that post: It [the UPC guide] has accurate program info for over 130 available channels (compared to 67 channels listed on tvgids.nl), also of channels like BBC 3 and 4, MotorsTV, all the theme channels of "Nederland 4" like humorTV en NederlandE, Private Spice, Discovery Science, Nat Geo Wild, etc, etc.

I hope James can have a look and help me on my way. :) But as long as he (or someone else who knows what to do) doesn't respond to my posts or emails there isn't much I can do for all the people in Holland (and myself offcourse :) ), unfortunately... :(

Yodar

Portal Member
February 19, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm trying the tvgids to XML at the moment with TV server and XMLTV plugin.

I"ll let you know.

I'm trying all sorts of things, but nothing seems to work. TVgids to xml doesn't import. GrabTV is too old so it doesn't produce a valid xml file for programs etc etc.

If anyone has a way to get tv guide working for NL channels either from TV gids or from UPC tv guide let me know!

Erwin

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Houten
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm trying the tvgids to XML at the moment with TV server and XMLTV plugin.

I"ll let you know.

I'm trying all sorts of things, but nothing seems to work. TVgids to xml doesn't import. GrabTV is too old so it doesn't produce a valid xml file for programs etc etc.

If anyone has a way to get tv guide working for NL channels either from TV gids or from UPC tv guide let me know!

Hello RodeVis ;-)

I got it working,... Dutch Channels.... since 2 months now,...

WebEPG does work,... in combination with XMLTV2 plugin.:) Although I must say,... lately, it seems it does not work that well anymore,.. Automatic import of webguide.XML sometimes fails. And only after a ForceImport it gets imported...

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello back at you. I'll look into it, but after 5 programs I"m not very confident i'll find a solution this time.

I even tried making my own tvguide.xml file, and it just WON'T import program info. I followed the DTD from XMLTV so there is something weird going on.

Could you send me the file or put it up somewhere, the WebEPG site is down for me (one wonders if there is a curse...)

Well a bit of luck with XMLTV2 plugin, but still can't find WebEPG and all other EPG programmes produce innvalid XML

Time to goto bed, I'm tired.

ROFL it was in the mediaportal directory. REally time to goto bed!!!

Well I finally have EPG data, but they appear to have an offset of 1 day. I'll check later, this time really going to bed.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I now use tvxb.
It uses the UPC website to download the EPG data and writes it to tvguide.xml every night. MP automatically downloads the tvguide.xml into the tv guide.
I must say, it works like a charm! No problems whatsoever.
I can post my ini file if someone is interested in using this alternative in Holland.

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes please post, some help would be appreciated.

Should I just replace the ini file with the dutch ini file I downloaded from that site also?

Well i Just replaced the ini contents with the dutch contents, it does something, but I can't find the xml file, even after I changed the path. Very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread