Tool for getting Dutch Tvguide (2 Viewers)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Knalsmurf,

Yes. I have implemented 7 days guide data from tvgids.nl.

I have also added RTL7 and Talpa to the tvgids.nl config file. RTL7 or the id used by this channel was already there but with a different name "Yorin". Not sure where this channel went? Did it change name?

I will release this version in the next few days.

Cheers,

/James

Knalsmurf

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    The Haque, Netherlands
    Hi James

James said:
    RTL7 or the id used by this channel was already there but with a different name "Yorin". Not sure where this channel went? Did it change name?

I will release this version in the next few days.

As a matter of fact that might be the case... my mistake.

I Will try the new version in a couple of days!

Gruss,

Knalsmurf 8)

djieno

August 7, 2005
    EPG Manager

I tried a different grabber using a vbr script to create a dutch xml file. It is called EPG Manager. Works like a charm for me living in Netherlands/Amsterdam. I think it could just work for anybody (having these channels :lol:) named exactly the same as their preset channels and channels in the tvguide.xml file.

http://mediaportal.hostinplace.com/TV-Gids.php

Clear text on how to install and the grabber is very quick. Matter of seconds and it is updated!

Have fun with it :wink:

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Djieno,

Good to hear you have a working grabber. I would like to request however, that you slow your grabber down. It is nicer for the site to not grabber the data too fast.

I request this for all users, because if the sites get tried of users slamming their sites with many high speed requests. They will change their data formats so that grabbing the information is no longer possible.

When you can get 7 days data does it really matter if it takes a few minutes instead of a few seconds. Also if you schedule this some time over night it doesn't matter how long it takes. It is again better for the site to schedule this some time outside peak hours as well.

Regards,

/James

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    James said:
    Hi Djieno,

Good to hear you have a working grabber. I would like to request however, that you slow your grabber down. It is nicer for the site to not grabber the data too fast.

I request this for all users, because if the sites get tried of users slamming their sites with many high speed requests. They will change their data formats so that grabbing the information is no longer possible.

When you can get 7 days data does it really matter if it takes a few minutes instead of a few seconds. Also if you schedule this some time over night it doesn't matter how long it takes. It is again better for the site to schedule this some time outside peak hours as well.

Regards,

/James

The grabber "Djieno" has got is different.

A webserver somewhere downloads the TVguide data once and put the data already in a xml file. The grabber then just downloads that xml file.

So just one person requests the data from tvgids.nl and shares his tvguide.xml. Others users can then download that file and use it.

Looks like it is even better voor the site.

djieno

August 7, 2005
    re-distribution of copyright

Jinx thanks informing James. I think the benefit for the source site (tvgids.nl) will be less traffic, saving them bandwith --> money. For that reason I think they might not feel so unhappy about the converged xml file. This way the EPG community 'pays' for their own useage. :lol:

Somehow I doubt if collecting individually compared to converging and redistributing is less conflicting 're-distribution of copyright information'. Both are done without informing the source (tvgids.nl). Somehow this is a bit off topic I guess.

For people setting up their MP it is a fairly simple way of getting the somehow confusing xmltv/xml EPG :roll: to work. I've had a nice evening setting up my EPG and sorting out the not available tv channels. I guess I could share my newly aquired experience in a small howto. I'll try to have it done tomorrow.

svddoel

October 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmmm de zenders die ik heb zitten bij mij allemaal op andere kanalen.

Die nummers die achter de kanaalnummers staan, heeft niks met de kanaalnummers van je kabelboer te maken. Dit zijn de nummers die www.tvgids.nl gebruikt. En zijn voor heel Nederland hetzelfde. :wink:

Kanaalnummers of frequenties moet je apart in de configuratie invoeren.

vast een domme vraag maar wat is het nummer voor RTL8? Ik gebruik nu 89 maar dat klopt niet............

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys!
    How about using a website for grabbing the EPG for nearly ALL available channels in the Netherlands? TVgids has only a selection of available channels...
    There is a webtvguide who has all of the available channels: http://www.upclive.nl/Televisie/TV_gids/

It's great! It has accurate program info for over 130 available channels (compared to 67 channels listed on tvgids.nl), also of channels like BBC 3 and 4, MotorsTV, all the theme channels of "Nederland 4", Private Spice, Dicovery Science, Nat Geo Wild, etc, etc.

I also started a thread on this, but no reactions whatsoever so far...https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/can_write_ini_countryfile_nl-t28519.html (It's better on this place right here in this thread anyways....)
    That's why I also post my question here in this thread: Can anybody have a quick look at the site to see if it is possible to use this site in WebEPG. If I can be of any help to write the .ini file, please let me know, I want to do anything I can to help make this site work in WebEPG...I just need a little push in the right direction to start...

Users who are viewing this thread