Tutorial for WebPlayer (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
As the title says, is there any tutorial on how you use the webplayer in online videos?
Is there any tutorial at all for online videos?
I mean tutorial how to implement new site to online videos.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not that I know of.
    Don't know if that is worth the trouble, most of the times the site implementations more or less speak for themselves, and the one or two questiions that remain get answered fairly quickly.
    That combined with the fact that there aren't a lot of new devvers trying to implement new sites (don't think lack of documentation is the cause here) is probably the reason there's no documentation...

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe they do speak for them self, but then it would be good if they worked, so the devs could understand how it should work.
    Right now I dont know what kind of url the webplayer want to start the "webbrowser" and play the vidoe from the web site.
    I've tried to figure that out with help of other sites, but cant find any that works. Havent looked that hard more then tried to find any other site that use the interface/baseclass that I think I should use for the webplayer to work and all sites I've found that use the interface/baseclass doesn't work, so its hard to go on from here.
    I use standalone player to test if the sites work, because I cant get the plugin to work with MP.

Anyone that have anything that can help me with this is welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Bit strange to have a Final Release with a specific x64 version of the Extension Manager and then have to go chasing around "somewhere else", in this case, to an old thread in the forum to be able to install an important plugin, don't you think? I don't doubt that using that source works, I'm using it successfully on another PC but...
    Bit strange to have a Final Release with a specific x64 version of the Extension Manager and then have to go chasing around...
    Using the MP 1.32 x64 Extension Manager to install Online Videos seems to procede and complete succesfully but the plugin is not...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its subcategories restored and a few of the broken sites that I had are now back and working. I think it proves that the core program is fine, but there is a problem with the internet connection. I have no idea what...
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its...
    Good evening I never was able to solve my TLS problems and my Online Videos installation is now getting seriously outdated (here...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom