TV Groups are not showing up in TVServer Setup (1 Viewer)

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Same problem here - no TV Group in TV Server Configuration, though in MediaPortal they exist. SQL 2005 Express, Vista, did an update from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.1.0. I can help out with contents from my DB etc. if that helps...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Checked abit more here & the "All Channels" group it's created when MP "Client" runs first time, so if you scan & don't create any groups it will be created when MP runs for the first time. But it will not help users that need to sort before they start MP, so maybe a change in handling it's needed here.

Regards
    Roy

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    Checked abit more here & the "All Channels" group it's created when MP "Client" runs first time, so if you scan & don't create any groups it will be created when MP runs for the first time. But it will not help users that need to sort before they start MP, so maybe a change in handling it's needed here.

Doesn't look that way on my system. I noticed the absence of the groups almost immediately, and fearing the worst started MediaPortal. I was very relieved when there were still groups there. Since then, I've changed some things in TVServer config, and everytime I checked, the groups weren't there.

Is it a simple matter of creating a table or changing/adding/deleting an entry somewhere in SQL? I have Acronis, SQL backups and MP backups, so if you need a volunteer ...:D

fermin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2008
    Zug
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Any news on how this can be fixed? I have some channel sorting to do, and without the groups it's a real pain :-(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You can create groups under TV Channels -> Groups & add channels + sort there, if that doesn't work post logs..

Regards
    Roy

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You can create groups under TV Channels -> Groups & add channels + sort there, if that doesn't work post logs..

I have groups there, but it's impossible to preview channels when mapping.
    Too bad for sorting duplicates, as there's no preview option or any info on the provider

ouTsiDaz_

Portal Member
    March 4, 2009
    I have the same isssue on a fresh Windows XP and MP 1.0.1 install.

The Radio Groups work fine but the TV Groups never show in the tv channels in the server setup, although they work inside MP. The problem is that this way its not possible to change the channel sorting, and this is very annoying.

Please fix this for the upcoming release.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Although I have not been able to reproduce the problem, I understand that it is now fixed. The fix will be in the next release.

Best wishes,

Mark

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, it is NOT fixed.
    I did not have the problem in MP1.0. Now that I've updated to 1.0.2, the problem started.
    T
    he groups still exist on other places in the config, but under TVchannels just the AllChannels group can be found, all other group-tabs are gone and are therefore not editable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom