TV Guide for Aussies (1 Viewer)

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
I had the ABC problem with the NineMSN data and fixed it by removing all programs from the database in the MP configuration and then upgraded the TVxb version from the latest pack that Califo had providied. It appears that the version change in TVxb was the cause of the issue.

Cheers

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thechad,

I don't follow what you are suggesting here - I am currently using the latest version of TVxb (beta 1.0074), but I still get the "ABC problem". Could you please explain in more detail what you did to fix it and what it has to do with TXvb versions?

For example, what do you mean by "removing all programs from the database in the MP configuration"?

And what do you mean by "It appears that the version change in TVxb was the cause of the issue."?

I may be a bit thick here... :wink: , but if you have found a solution, I would like to take advantage of it... :)

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    For example, what do you mean by "removing all programs from the database in the MP configuration"?

I think he means in the MP Setup application, under Television -> Program Guide -> button "Remove all Programs from the TV databse"

BTW, I have been using the D1 grabber sinc before I used MP, and has always been very good.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am now using TVxb to grab data from http://ourguide.com.au/ (rather than ninemsn.com.au) and it seems to have solved the "ABC problem" and it is much quicker - it takes about 1 minute to grab 7 days of EPG data, against about 45 minutes for ninemsn.com.au.

If anyone would like the TVxb.ini file for Melbourne, just PM me your email address.

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Same again, here in Perth - using TVxb to grab from ourguide.com.au. I couldn't handle the wait times for grabbing from ninemsn.com.au. Ourguide is much quicker!

PM me if anyone wants the Perth .ini file.

yankinoz

Portal Member
    May 14, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the 'abc problem'

is there a fix for 'the ABC problem' from ninemsn? It looks like ourguide takes data from ebroadcast and after using ninemsn for a while I kinda prefer it (seems to get the late starts on 7 and 10 more accurately.) The ABC issues seemed to go away late last week, but is back again...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    yankinoz can you PM with specific details of this problem. Im in SA and have had no ninemsn problems myself. Though if we cant fix it, the abc itself seems fairly easy to grab which would be as accurate if not more accurate than ninemsn.

sadie

Portal Member
    January 23, 2005
    Australia
    i'm not sure if this is relevant, but i think i have made an ini file for tassie, but i have no idea if it is working or not because mp won't upload it. just wondering if anyone could possibly help me out?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sadie said:
    i think i have made an ini file for tassie
    Do you mean a TVxb.ini file? And you have run TVxb.exe and generated the "tvguide.xml" file, which is in the "xmltv" folder?
    Then all you need to do is start MP, go into My TV, Program Guide and press F3 - that will give you the option to import the data from the tvguide.xml file. Then you should be in business... :)

Users who are viewing this thread