TV Guide for Aussies (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I got the generated files going but you need to remove

<NewDataSet xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/listings.xsd">
    <tv date="Friday, 19 August 2005">

from the start and

</NewDataSet> from the end

If you get a batch file going you could get it to work. And yes its insanely fast. 7 days with descriptions from ninemsn in under 30 seconds.

voxmortis

Portal Member
    May 19, 2005
    Sydney, Straya.
    I'll give it a go this weekend... I've got my TVxb working... have put in Optus and FTA in one ini file (had to tweak the file a fair bit to download the correct channels) - but now I get a full TVguide listing to use with MP. High Def FTA channels mixed up nicely with all my Optus channels.

TVxb takes ages even with NO descriptions - methinks Bladerunner coded something very nice a quick... definitely worth checking out - easy enough to code a little app to remove a few unwanted lines.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Well your going to be happy then, FTA tv + all foxtel channels with full descriptions all day, for 7 days under 8mins.

Ill probably cut it back to 4 days though, hammering using this might result in some change in ninemsn.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wow! BladeRunner Pro sounds good.

Does it capture genres, descriptions and ratings and handle programs that run past midnight properly (rather than counting them as two separate shows)?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I only got foxtel data going, I have nfi how to configure the program it doesnt seem to straight forward. (config file has practically nothing in it)

Its not getting genres atm as thats listed in the descriptions, no ratings, and programs that run past midnight has no problem because ninemsn goes from 5am - 5pm every day. So the schedule isnt joined at midnight.

voxmortis

Portal Member
    May 19, 2005
    Sydney, Straya.
    Head on over and ask questions at http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/showthread.php?t=2584
    (apologies if I'm not supposed to post links for other forums especially MCE ones, but this is too important for us EPG-starved aussies!)

Looks like ratings are there from this FTA example:

- <programme start="20050813060000 +1000" stop="20050813110000 +1000" channel="ABC NSW">
    <title>Rage</title>
    <desc />
    - <rating system="ABA">
    <value>M</value>
    </rating>
    </programme>

From reading the forums over there, pay channels are supported as long as you supply the XML... I read this as 'bladerunner won't do the parsing for you in its current state'.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I got it working by just adding a new line in tvharvet config.

<add key="GuideURL" value="http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/(date)_168.asp?channel=foxteldigital" />

This does work but ninemsn only shows the victorian tv guide for foxtel digital. Which means you need to correct the timezone seperately to your fta data. I managed to correct the timezones and remove the excess lines by having two copies of bladerunner each with a seperate config. Then make a batch file to run in sequence. Then tvxb has the ability to join and remove excess lines (cleanup the file in general), then you get a nice file.

Bladerunner pro (fta +0930) -----> Tvxb -> tvguide.xml
    Bladerunner pro (foxtel +0900) ->^

No sure if its the most efficient way but its very quick and works. (Dont need to have 2 seperate configs if your in victoria)

Users who are viewing this thread