TV Guide for Aussies (2 Viewers)

wiggums

Portal Member
June 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
mickb said:
I have been using D1xmltvgrabber and haven't had any issues with it so far.

I also use the D1xmltvgrabber - have far less hassles than with the ninemsn grabber and it doesn't mess up ABC. I agree thought that it doesn't have as detailed info but it suits me fine and runs alot quicker.

I'm in Sydney - the config file is easy to setup but if any other Sydney-siders need a hand send me a PM.

qawaali

Portal Member
July 15, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
I have nicked the tvharvest.exe from the new Bladerunner Pro and like others have found it to be much faster than the old one. Here at work it goes so fast the console window is just a blur!

I have FTA Sydney channels from my digital card and via my analagoue card plus analogue foxtel.

I have been looking for a way to download a seperate guide for each and merge them all together. Thanks to some posts here and on the XPmediacentre forum I have cracked it!

If any Aussies are interested in a tvharvest config that will download fta digital, fta analgoue and foxtel all in one tvguide.xml file let me know and I will send you a copy or post the config here.

Regards

Pete

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    qawaali, whats needed to override the timezone? I tried added extra lines but bladerunner pro seems to ignore them. The foxtel guide isnt right so it needs to be

FTA +0930
    Foxtel +0900

When it downloads them combined, they are both defaulted to +930.

qawaali

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    That's an interesting question. To be honest I had not looked at this too closely in the config rather I have been observing the results from within MP to judge my success. All of my FTA and Foxtel programming seems to be displaying the correct start and end times, automatically renames the channel ID's etc QED I believe it's fine?

I will be PM'ing my config and any other files to another user here when I get home from work tonight and can drop you a copy via email if you so wish.

I am not using Bladerunner to merge the files, I have only used it to nick the updated TVHarvest.exe.

Regards

Pete

C

CheesyMcfly

Can anyone help me setup Bladerunner to work with MP? I just don't understand how to change all the settings so they work for MP. With Tvxb I just changed the .ini files, but how does it work with BRP?

For example, how do I change the names of the channels in the .xml file, so they match MP's channel names?

And how do I get MP to recognise TVHarvest's downloaded guide? Do I just rename it tvguide.xml and tell MP where to look? 'cause I tried that and just got : " TV Guide import failed. No channels found"

Has anyone else had problems getting this to work? It's so much faster than the new Tvxb w/ ninemsn, I can't bear to give up now!

qawaali

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    CheesyMcfly,

TvHarvest will produce 2 files listing.xml and listing2.xml as you have guessed simply rename the listing2.xml file to tvguide.xml and then put it into your MediaPortal/xmltv/ folder. MP will automatically detect the file and so long as your channel names match in the tvguide.xml file and in MP's Televesion>Channels it will work.

In your case it sounds as though your channel names within MP don't match the channel names in the tvguide.xml file if you have followed the above

Regards

Peter

C

CheesyMcfly

Thanks Peter

so it works alright for you just by moving it into the Media Portal folder?

Maybe the best thing is if I just rename all my channels in Media Portal to match what TvHarvest is using. Or do you (or anyone) know how to change the channels names within TvHarvest itself?

The weird thing is that the channel name 'ABC2' is common to both TvHarvest and MP, but it still isn't being recognised. Anyway, I'll rename all of them, and see if I have any luck

PS Is there any difference between the 2 output files made by TvHarvest? Does it matter if I use the first listing or the second one?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I had a look too but unlike tvxb tvharvest/bladerunner seems unable to rename the channels. So match the names in MP to that of the tvguide.xml. The start of the file shows the channels names in full.

"ABC2" doesnt show up because bladerunner names it as "ABC 2".

qawaali

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    My batch file that calls TVHarvest.exe automatically changes the channel names within the .xml file once it's been dowloaded, works fine.

I can send you the details or post it here if you are interested?

Regards

Peter

qawaali

Portal Member
    July 15, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    CheesyMcfly said:
    Thanks Peter

so it works alright for you just by moving it into the Media Portal folder?

Yes!

Maybe the best thing is if I just rename all my channels in Media Portal to match what TvHarvest is using. Or do you (or anyone) know how to change the channels names within TvHarvest itself?

The weird thing is that the channel name 'ABC2' is common to both TvHarvest and MP, but it still isn't being recognised. Anyway, I'll rename all of them, and see if I have any luck

PS Is there any difference between the 2 output files made by TvHarvest? Does it matter if I use the first listing or the second one?

The file sizes differ ever so slightly, the listing file is used by TVHarvest as it grabs the data. You can safely delete it once you have the listing2 file

Users who are viewing this thread