TV Server Config app keeps opening (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
I've just upgraded from MP 1.7 to 1.10 (on Windows 7), and am finding that the MP TV Config app keeps opening without any action on my part. Has anyone else noticed this?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is the standard behavior: you must go through the config once for the initial configuration to be written to the startup files.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No software is opening on its own ;).

MediaPortal contains no automated call of the Config. What do you mean by "MP TV Config app"? The TVServer Configuration?

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Good point. The specific circumstances are when I have MP running, then use alt-tab to switch back to the Windows desktop (e.g. to open a web browser or another application). Within a few seconds of switching to the Desktop the MP TV-Server Configuration application opens.
    I've run the TV configuration several times since the upgrade - scanned for TV and radio channels, defined TV channel mappings, configured XMLTV and mapped guide channels to tuner channels, so I don't understand why the TV config app continues to open without prompting when I use alt-tab to switch to the desktop.
    ???

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hhm, have never experienced anything similar thus far.

I think that we agree that Alt-Tab should do nothing else than switching between the currently running processes. The situation might be different if you press Alt-Tab from within a fullscreen MediaPortal session. In this case any possibly pre-defined shortcut would be interpreted by MePo itself. YOu may want to check oput any Keyboard shortcut that is defined within MePo.

No other idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    MP 1.32 x64 does not have a 64 bit TV Server but it uses the x86 one but should have upgraded the 1.30 x86 TV Server to MP 1.32(still x86) The fact it does not appear to have done so is not surprise to me, the MP 1.32 x64 installer is far from being bug free. If everything is functioning OK my advice would be to leave it alone and...
    MP 1.32 x64 does not have a 64 bit TV Server but it uses the x86 one but should have upgraded the 1.30 x86 TV Server to MP...
    As it says....Upgraded from 1.30 to 1.32(64).....but TV Server config remains at 1.30....... MP opens....and declares itself to be...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Habe seit heute die Fehlermeldung Failed to locate assembly mysql.data version=6.6.7.0 (siehe Screenshot) wenn ich die TV-Server-Config öffnen will. Nach dem Klick auf OK startet die TV-Server-Config normal. Die MP-Version 1.30.0 läuft schon eine Weile ohne Probleme. War auch in der Vergangenheit schon in der Config von 1.30.0 - auch...
    Habe seit heute die Fehlermeldung Failed to locate assembly mysql.data version=6.6.7.0 (siehe Screenshot) wenn ich die...
    Habe seit heute die Fehlermeldung Failed to locate assembly mysql.data version=6.6.7.0 (siehe Screenshot) wenn ich die...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom