TV server doesn't autostart after PC is started up (3 Viewers)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ronilse:
    Everything I have is attached to my first post. There is nothing in the MP/TVServer logs but the Windows error logs tell me that tvservice.exe could not be started and that tvservice.exe did not respond within 30000ms...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I don't understand German so i have to translate everything, so usually some words gets lost ;)
    If it doesn't respond like the log says thats bad, because either it has received the start command & something make it fail, but what?

Actually i see that your network starts after TV Service has tried to start, which could lead to something, have you tried to set a fixed ip?

Regards
    Roy

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Roy,

I just tried the fixed IP and it didn't help :(
    Maybe I should mention that I am using the MS loopback adapter because I am using single seat and without that there have been some issues, if the network is not available... Therefore, the IP sould have no effect on the TV server because it uses 127.0.0.1.

Please find attached new logs that I have captured with the new MPTestTool. However, there is nothing new in it...

If I go to "services" in Windows XP and then click the "tvservice.exe" --> Properties, I see that it is set to "automatic" but currently "stopped". If I then click on "start", the service starts without problems.

Any more suggestions?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Do you have any possibility to test with the comp connected to a network?

Regards
    Roy

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean with "connected to a network"? The PC is connected to a local network, which in turn is conencted to the Internet. So, yes I can do.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ok, so it is connected, theres one more thing you could try.
    In TV Setup -> General Setting -> Application & set priority to "below normal" to see if that changes something on startup.

Regards
    Roy

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I did this check as well but with no luck :-(

Also, I deactivated my AVG Antivir and some other programs that are autostarting... no luck :-(

Due to the fact that I am not the only one with this issue, would it be possible to add some more debug outputs to tvservice.exe in order to nail this issue down?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    More logging could be added (but not by me ;) need a developer for that), but it stops in the first steps.

Whats weird it's that if you add in TV Services (windows comp management -> Services -> TVService -> Properties) recovery:
    1. start again,
    2. start again,
    3. start again,
    this should give it 3 minutes extra & everything else should have started (according to you log) & since the log indicates that TV Service fails to start it should try again according to those settings.

I run TVE3 on 2 computers as server for testing & have tested it on laptops too to check, but can't really see why it should fail @ your place, so something wrong must i do ;)

Regards
    Roy

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :)

The tvserver.log file contains only one line:
    19.08.2007 16:56:35 1 Controller: using SQLServer database connection: Password

Normally, the next debug output would be
    19.08.2007 17:51:55 6 TV service starting

So maybe you could get hold of a dev who could add some more debug outputs in between these two debug outputs...

Dirk23

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2006
    Fulda
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found out that when i close Medaiportal after reboot und start TV Server Management and Stop and Start the TVServer Service and then start Mediaportal again TV works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom