MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2007
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Had a quick look and I see
    non geo link:
    rtmpe://vod-non-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_ mp4:tv3/transfer/23082013/JABATDunedin_3
    geo link:
    rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_ mp4:tv3/transfer/04092013/HX049281_330K.
    and in the source you have coded it to the IP address for vod-non-geo (rtmpe://202.49.175.79/vod/_definst_"; // found with wireshark. )

Name: vod-non-geo.mediaworks.co.nz
    Address: 202.49.175.79

Name: vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz
    Address: 202.49.175.77

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not getting any good results here.
    Just uploaded a testversion so you can try if it works at your end.

The changes I've made are that the url is now fetched from the smil-file, instead of hardcoding the ip address.
    At my end nothing is playing now (geo and non-geo), but perhaps a "real" kiwi is more lucky :)

Where did you get those rtmp urls? If i check in fiddler, both americas top model (geo) and the first one of 7 days (non-geo) give me the vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz in the smil file. But that's in mediaportal. perhaps there is some cookie-juggling needed to provide me the real url, but I want to make sure the geo-ones are played properly before I venture in that direction

iascoot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2007
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah same result as you now, both are not working

I was using URL Snooper and that reported the different URLS for both
    Cant imagine its DNS related either as im actually using Unblock US DNS Servers

The following was for The Block NZ S02E07 taking the results from URL snooper for retrieving a video from both chrome and MP

From Chrome:

GET /portals/0/video/smil1500-2.aspx?serverVar=rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_&locationVar=mp4:tv3/transfer/09092013/HX049282_V2&typeVar=mp4 HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.tv3.co.nz
    Connection: keep-alive
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.62 Safari/537.36
    Accept: */*
    Referer: http://www.tv3.co.nz/THE-BLOCK-NZ-Season-2-Ep-7/tabid/3692/articleID/94999/MCat/3152/Default.aspx
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
    Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8
    Cookie: .

Then under rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_

Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:53:39 GMT
    Content-Length: 398

<smil>
    <head>
    <meta base="rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <switch>
    <video src="mp4:tv3/transfer/09092013/HX049282_V2_33

From Mediaportal (Well the online videos app for testing):

GET /portals/0/video/smil1500-2.aspx?serverVar=rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_&locationVar=mp4:tv3/transfer/09092013/HX049282_V2&typeVar=mp4 HTTP/1.1
    Host: www.tv3.co.nz
    Connection: Keep-Alive

Then under rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_

Servertv3.co.nz_pool=1147447488.20480.0000; path=/

<smil>
    <head>
    <meta base="rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <switch>
    <video src="mp4:tv3/transfer/09092013/HX049282_V2_33

So its returning different results

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, that assures me it is cookie related, but I still can't figure why it wouldn't play. Rtmpdump also aborts when I try downloading it with the params that rtmpdumphelper give me.

More investigation (i.e. nag @georgius) is needed

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, I assumed the ip addresses you provided were from wireshark, not just a ping to the domain...
    But I'll check it, and see if I (or georgius) can come up with something.

Edit: just checked, ip and domain name matches, so no tricks there

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some digging with wireshark, but I only see the responses of the rtmp-servers, not the requests I (or the browser) did.
    Perhaps it's because there's a VPN involved?

bttmnz

Portal Member
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i just tried 2 shows from tv3 this morning and still the same result thankyou for looking into this

Users who are viewing this thread