Tvdb down?? (1 Viewer)

drullens

Portal Pro
October 28, 2004
Dongen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me, it finds the titles for the series and episodes and the descriptions, but not the banners and episodes thumbnails. If I do a scan from the plugin configuration within MP Configuration > Plugins, the banners and thumbnails for the episodes are found and added correctly.

Gr, Dave

eztiger

Portal Member
February 17, 2008
For me, it finds the titles for the series and episodes and the descriptions, but not the banners and episodes thumbnails. If I do a scan from the plugin configuration within MP Configuration > Plugins, the banners and thumbnails for the episodes are found and added correctly.

Gr, Dave

Exact same issue here.

It used to work fine updating from within mytvseries, then it stopped.

To the best of my knowledge I've changed nothing - the current HTPC build is only 3 weeks old. First week mytv worked fine, then it just stopped.

Kev

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am still getting the message "This client is no longer supported by TVDB...Please update your client" Is this affecting everyone or just some of us? Is there a fix in the works? The plugin is virtually useless at the moment.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had to rebuild my database from scratch this weekend (it got somehow corrupted...) - and I didn't have this problem... Everything was filled/downloaded as it should.

Clean

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am still getting the message "This client is no longer supported by TVDB...Please update your client" Is this affecting everyone or just some of us? Is there a fix in the works? The plugin is virtually useless at the moment.

Sounds like you have an old version of the plugin. Go to the DL page and get the 2.0 version. TVDB changed its API some time ago and the older versions will no longer work.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Clean, that helped, although I had to empty and reload the whole database. I was sure I had 2.0 installed (it showed in the configuration as 2.0) but when I reinstalled it worked. Now I just have to recreate my database from all my DVDs! Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be the chance to interface the MP-TV series plugin with TMDB also. I don't say to eliminate the chance to keep data from TVDB, but at least the option to choose to switch to TMDB or (why not?) other sources.
    Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be...
    Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
    Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom