Tvdb down?? (1 Viewer)

garyday

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Dubai
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guys,

Here's a cut/paste from thetvdb.com, I wonder if this has anything to do with why tvseries is not working ... Looks like the plugin needs an API update..
(please read all for it to make sense) which is why it's not working anymore...

Inker / someone... can you look at releasing 2.1 with a fix for this ,I'd love to try myself but I don't know where to start unfortunately..

When I am trying to pull information for American Idol:
http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/GetEpisodes.php?seriesid=70814&season=7&episode=27
I get this XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <Items>
- <Item>
<SyncTime>1220913836</SyncTime>
</Item>
- <Item>
<id>0</id>
<SeasonNumber>0</SeasonNumber>
<EpisodeNumber>0</EpisodeNumber>
<EpisodeName>This client is no longer supported by TheTVdB.com. Please update your client.</EpisodeName>
</Item>
</Items>
---
Next
---

The old interfaces have finally been turned off. We were supposed to do it back in March, but now it has happened.

You will need to update your client to a client that supports the new interfaces. Programing information for the new API can be found at: Programmers API - TvDBwiki

Scott can fill in more about the reasons behind disabling the old interfaces, but most of it deals with unoptimized code and server load.

Thanks,
CrzyKidd
---
Next (edit)
---
Does this mean that all the parsers out there won't work until the creators update their software?
---
Next
---
Yes, that is what it means, however they have had months to update to the new interfaces. We originally set the date to have them go away in March. So developers have had an extra 5 months to get their code switched over.

Guys,

Here's a cut/paste from thetvdb.com, I wonder if this has anything to do with why tvseries is not working ... Looks like the plugin needs an API update..
(please read all for it to make sense) which is why it's not working anymore...

Inker / someone... can you look at releasing 2.1 with a fix for this ,I'd love to try myself but I don't know where to start unfortunately..

When I am trying to pull information for American Idol:
http://thetvdb.com/interfaces/GetEpisodes.php?seriesid=70814&season=7&episode=27
I get this XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <Items>
- <Item>
<SyncTime>1220913836</SyncTime>
</Item>
- <Item>
<id>0</id>
<SeasonNumber>0</SeasonNumber>
<EpisodeNumber>0</EpisodeNumber>
<EpisodeName>This client is no longer supported by TheTVdB.com. Please update your client.</EpisodeName>
</Item>
</Items>
---
Next
---

The old interfaces have finally been turned off. We were supposed to do it back in March, but now it has happened.

You will need to update your client to a client that supports the new interfaces. Programing information for the new API can be found at: Programmers API - TvDBwiki

Scott can fill in more about the reasons behind disabling the old interfaces, but most of it deals with unoptimized code and server load.

Thanks,
CrzyKidd
---
Next (edit)
---
Does this mean that all the parsers out there won't work until the creators update their software?
---
Next
---
Yes, that is what it means, however they have had months to update to the new interfaces. We originally set the date to have them go away in March. So developers have had an extra 5 months to get their code switched over.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Dunno about the post above...

I just experienced the site being down yesterday cause I reinstalled everything so I had to re-scan all my tv-series (didn't backup the db, stupid),
Today I tried scanning again and all works fina again for me. All my series were found.

garyday

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Dubai
Home Country
Hmm,

It's still not working for me, I can add new shows (but the lookup doesn't work), also I cannot add new series.

If you have an existing DB then all is fine, but try and add a new show to that . doesn't seem to work properly for me and many others, I think this is because
the API changed...

G

darksun5183

September 9, 2008
Does anyone know when the plugin was updated to 2.0? From what I can tell it was uploaded in April? I created my mediaportal setup a few weeks ago and haven't had problems pulling tv show information until today. I get the generic error "this client is no longer supported by thetvdb.com." :confused::confused::confused: Anyone have a similar problem or know of a solution? Is there a way to verify what version of the plugin I have?

I downloaded the plugin from the homepage and all has started working again. Odd thing is, the .dll that was on my machine was actually newer than the one I downloaded... weird. Oh well, all is good again :D

garyday

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Dubai
Home Country
Agh, I totally suck!

Now I know why it wasn't working ... I stuck a proxy on the system for some testing a few days back, this caused it to be unable to authenticate - because
even though the proxy is valid, it wants you to press enter (in IE) before accepting it .. So this causes MP not to work

If only I had scrolled the error message (to the right) , or if only i had read the damn logs then I would have known this was a proxy issue, however
my brain has been frying at work the last few days unfortunately and seems I became useless for a while :)

All good now that the proxy is off ! :) ... Any ideas how to make this work with a proxy to get access to the tvdb.com, does this have to be built into the plugin ?

Cheers

G

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am also getting the messge "this client is no longer supported by thetvdb.com." I am using the latest plugin ver 2.0 with MP 0.2.3.0_RC3. Do we need an update of the plugin? I don't use a proxy and the only error message I get is on the GetEpisodes. It finds the series, but not banners or episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread