TVserver locking up unable to access the pc logs attached

Discussion in 'General Support' started by bc0508, December 14, 2013.

1. bc0508
    • Premium Supporter

bc0508 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I am having a problem with my tv server and I can track it down. It will go brain dead it will ping but you can not access it from the network. No tv server no files no rdp access.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello bc0508 - I hope you are well! :)

The first thing I noticed when I looked at your log files was the size of some of your TsWriter log files. Most recently, the one for 13 December. To me what appears to be happening is that HTPC02 is being left paused (or maybe just timeshifting - not 100% sure) for very extended periods of time.

Starting...
    ...and then no interaction until at least 18:33 on the 13th, shortly after which it looks like you hard reset the PC (?).

From a TsWriter perspective, it seems it ran out of timeshift buffer here:
    From a tuner perspective, I can't tell exactly where things started going wrong but the log is printing these messages at a serious rate of knots:
    Looking back in the log files I see similar symptoms on 2 December.
    Again HTPC02. Again late at night TV. Again no interaction following that tune request for a long period of time.

Basically I suspect somebody is falling asleep with the TV on or paused, and somehow it is causing problems. Am I even remotely in the right ball park?

mm

4. bc0508
    • Premium Supporter

bc0508 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey MM
    Yes I have been good. You are right after I posted this I thought to myself what is going. We are on holiday in Disney and my inlaws have been staying at my home I am sure they have left it one the live tv.
    I called them and told them to stop the live tv when they got done with it so maybe that will work :)
    Yes I have them hard reset it I couldn't get to it with any remote tools.
    Any way to force disconnection of the PC that might get left on the live buffer? I thought about restarting the tvservice with a scheduled job but I thinking think that would be too clean. I would just like to force disconnect the remote machine that is not viewing.
    Thanks for the fast response as ways.
    Happy Holidays to you :)

Thanks
    BC

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy holidays to you also - hope you're enjoying Disney! :)

There's no way that I can think of to force disconnection with MediaPortal or TV Server settings. TV Server will stop timeshifting if it detects that the connection with the client goes down, so maybe you could schedule the clients to reboot at midnight while you're away?

mm

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!