TVserver locking up unable to access the pc logs attached (1 Viewer)

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am having a problem with my tv server and I can track it down. It will go brain dead it will ping but you can not access it from the network. No tv server no files no rdp access.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello bc0508 - I hope you are well! :)

The first thing I noticed when I looked at your log files was the size of some of your TsWriter log files. Most recently, the one for 13 December. To me what appears to be happening is that HTPC02 is being left paused (or maybe just timeshifting - not 100% sure) for very extended periods of time.

Starting...
    [2013-12-12 22:07:38,067] [Log ] [18 ] [INFO ] - card: Tune on card 9 to subchannel WYFF HD
    [2013-12-12 22:07:38,067] [Log ] [18 ] [DEBUG] - card: user: HTPC02:9:0 tune ATSC:tv:Cable WYFF HD Freq:67250 ONID:11979 TSID:0 SID:1 PMT:0x47 FTA:False LCN:4 phys:4 maj:704 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam

...and then no interaction until at least 18:33 on the 13th, shortly after which it looks like you hard reset the PC (?).

From a TsWriter perspective, it seems it ran out of timeshift buffer here:
    13-12-2013 02:25:22.927 MultiFileWriter: failed to create file E:\Timeshift\live9-0.ts.tsbuffer2.ts
    13-12-2013 02:25:22.927 Failed to reopen old file. It's currently in use. Dropping data!

From a tuner perspective, I can't tell exactly where things started going wrong but the log is printing these messages at a serious rate of knots:
    13-12-2013 18:32:52.100 [13b8] [{774C6286-3B3C-4C03-AAA0-FD92E4E31BB8}] [Warning] CMPIPTV_UDP: ReceiveData(): no data received, buffer free space too small, buffer size: 33554432, free buffer size: 380, occupied buffer size: 33554052, packet size: 1316

Looking back in the log files I see similar symptoms on 2 December.
    [2013-12-01 22:13:20,350] [Log ] [16 ] [INFO ] - card: Tune on card 9 to subchannel MavTV HD
    [2013-12-01 22:13:20,350] [Log ] [16 ] [DEBUG] - card: user: HTPC02:9:-1 tune ATSC:tv:Cable MavTV HD Freq:409250 ONID:17357 TSID:0 SID:2 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:55 phys:55 maj:835 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam

Again HTPC02. Again late at night TV. Again no interaction following that tune request for a long period of time.

Basically I suspect somebody is falling asleep with the TV on or paused, and somehow it is causing problems. Am I even remotely in the right ball park?

mm

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey MM
    Yes I have been good. You are right after I posted this I thought to myself what is going. We are on holiday in Disney and my inlaws have been staying at my home I am sure they have left it one the live tv.
    I called them and told them to stop the live tv when they got done with it so maybe that will work :)
    Yes I have them hard reset it I couldn't get to it with any remote tools.
    Any way to force disconnection of the PC that might get left on the live buffer? I thought about restarting the tvservice with a scheduled job but I thinking think that would be too clean. I would just like to force disconnect the remote machine that is not viewing.
    Thanks for the fast response as ways.
    Happy Holidays to you :)

Thanks
    BC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy holidays to you also - hope you're enjoying Disney! :)

There's no way that I can think of to force disconnection with MediaPortal or TV Server settings. TV Server will stop timeshifting if it detects that the connection with the client goes down, so maybe you could schedule the clients to reboot at midnight while you're away?

mm

Users who are viewing this thread