TVService not closing, timeshift freeze: Disable EPG. (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Indeed looks like its still there, but unfortunately no one in team is experiencing the bug so its hard to fix (and also has lower priority than other bugs).

I have used the idle grabbing for over a year, no hangs caused by that. So most likely its something in the stream itself that triggers the bug.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Makes sense - I know it's nigh on impossible to fix something if you can't reproduce it.

When I get some spare time I'll see if I can't do a bit more tracking down... perhaps build a new version with a silly amount of logging to see if it always drops out at the same point or something.
    Good news is that turning off the idle grab does seem to have fixed the symptoms I was having!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Funny it does work on tourettes machine. What dvb card is everyone here using?

I'm 99.9% sure that its not hardware related in any way. Its propably something different in the stream itself that broadcasters are sending and triggering the bug.

So, the question is what broadcasters all people who see the issue are using?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Makes sense - I know it's nigh on impossible to fix something if you can't reproduce it.

When I get some spare time I'll see if I can't do a bit more tracking down... perhaps build a new version with a silly amount of logging to see if it always drops out at the same point or something.
    Good news is that turning off the idle grab does seem to have fixed the symptoms I was having!

Debugging/MemoryDump - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

That could help us to track down the issue.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

OK, well, I'm in the UK Picking up a bunch of FTA satellite channelsfrom the Sky (Astra) sats.

The only odd thing I might have is that I have Channel 5 in my EPG as at some point it will go FTA - currently though it is encrypted (if I try and watch it, I just get a message saying channel is scrambled)

Could this be the culprit?

Stomper85

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I 've got exactly the same problem....

TV-Card: KNC TV-Station DVB-C

Provider: Kabel-BW in Germany

I use the actual Versions of Mediaportal and TV Server (1.0) without svn builds.

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Funny it does work on tourettes machine. What dvb card is everyone here using?

Hey! I'm using a Skystar 2 with WDM drivers.

I'm 99.9% sure that its not hardware related in any way. Its propably something different in the stream itself that broadcasters are sending and triggering the bug.

Astra 19.2, restricted EPG grabbing to german channels.

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im still not sure about this issue because there are no real error messages. But my feeling is that it is related to the machine entering standby/hibernation. Since I activated "prevent standby when grabbing epg" (or similar) everything is fine.

Stomper85

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yea, maybe it is caused by this - but I love to set my htpc to hibernation or standby.

If i shutdown normaly and have to boot as normal, it takes about one minute and a few seconds until i can watch TV - ok some would say one minute is not a long time. But if you sit in front of your box waiting to get the news or something - one minute feels to be a very long time ;)

Ok as I am from germany, I can use the TV movie EPG grabber, witch grabbs the data from the web. The most important programms are available, but for some there are no epg over the web. For now i set up both, TVMovie and grabbing epg while timeshifting, this works fine but takes about one minute to update the data.

Maby sometimes someone finds an error or a bug - i only wanted to put this topic up, because the problem still exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom