UK DVB-T Subtitles (1 Viewer)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
as DVB-T subtitles required MHEG engine, which is not supported in MP, you won't be able to get them.

someone was working on an MHEG plugin for MP, but that was some time ago and i don't know if it is still on-going.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    hmm.. DVB subtitles aren't requiring or related to the MHEG. DVB subtitles are work in progresss, but lately I haven't had any time to work with those.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/help_needed_dvb_subtitles-t5152.html

in the UK for DVB-T, the subtitles are broadcast using the MHEG engine (correct me if i am wrong)

At least one sample that I have received from UK DVB is using DVB subtitles not the MHEG. Maybe you could upload some more samples to see if it's the case or not.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    hmm.. DVB subtitles aren't requiring or related to the MHEG. DVB subtitles are work in progresss, but lately I haven't had any time to work with those.

in the UK for DVB-T, the subtitles are broadcast using the MHEG engine (correct me if i am wrong)

At least one sample that I have received from UK DVB is using DVB subtitles not the MHEG. Maybe you could upload some more samples to see if it's the case or not.

is that DVB-T or DVB-S ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

is that DVB-T or DVB-S ?

I'm not sure is the sample that I have DVB-T or -S.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    i am pretty sure that in the UK DVB-S and DVB-T use differnet methods for teletext and subtitle display

Users who are viewing this thread