[solved] Unable to play xvid, avc etc. etc. (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I think the error message is saying that TsReader.ax is not registered (the installer should do it, but registration may have failed).

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal - check that TsReader.ax exists.

To register it, open a Command Prompt window in Administrator mode, and type: regsvr32 TsReader.ax

If it fails to register, open 'Programs and Features' and check that 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)' is installed.

Fails to register.....but Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)' is installed. What next please?
Logs included!!
Thanks

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The only file that the logs show MP trying (and failing) to play is 'D:\TV2\Count Arthur Strong\Season 3\5.flv', (a Flash video file) which TsReader.ax does not handle anyway.

What is the actual problem you have? Is there a problem with TV not working?

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thanks for getting back!
    Problem wasn't with TV btw!!!
    Following upgrading of OV to 2.3.1.0.....I noticed that ordinary Videos would not play. ....tried several types, and always got the 'Unable to play' message...with comments on audio/video codecs!!
    Just before you replied....I re-installed 1.17 final.....and problem appears to have gone away.....videos can now be played once again.:)
    :cautious:.....so not really sure what had happened to stop earlier video playback!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom