UP arrow on Harmony with MCE profile (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I noticed that the UP key on my Harmony One was changed from 'Aspect Ratio' to 'ZapChannel' for Fullscreen TV.
    Not sure if that's intended.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed that the UP key on my Harmony One was changed from 'Aspect Ratio' to 'ZapChannel' for Fullscreen TV.

I sure did not intend that. Should not be an MCE/HID issue but rather a key mapping problem since your remote direction keys behave just like you keyboard direction keys.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IMHO this is theoretically correct. The Up/Down logics on your Harmony would normaly be used to change channels and therefore correspond to F7/F8 in a standard MediaPortal environment.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IMHO this is theoretically correct. The Up/Down logics on your Harmony would normaly be used to change channels and therefore correspond to F7/F8 in a standard MediaPortal environment.

There is already a channel - and + on that remote so I'm thinking this can be mapped to something else.
    @HomeY You should open a thread for this issue as we are offtopic really.

You should be able to use the HIDDemo program I've attached there to tell me which HID code corresponds to this 'Up Arrow'.
    I'm guessing it's sending 'channel up'. Enabling verbose HID log in MP should also reveal the key.
    Just open a new thread if you want us to look into it.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is already a channel - and + on that remote so I'm thinking this can be mapped to something else.
    Correct ;)

You should open a thread for this issue as we are offtopic really.
    I'm still unaware of the fact that it IS an issue ;) Just wanted to inform you of a change i noticed (and off course i already fixed it the way i want it).

** EDIT **
    [2015-08-16 20:40:01,514] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID: try mapping usage 005E

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    5E is TeletextBlue and looking in the XML the default action is still "aspect ratio" but for TV fullscreen is does "autozap" whatever that is.

upload_2015-8-16_21-5-13.png

Users who are viewing this thread