[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

ixdvc

Portal Pro
May 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just installed 0.5 and after completely uninstalling the old versions and deleting the folders nearly everything worked so far. But I have to questions:

I have a multi-seat setup with WebMP running on the tv server. Is there a way to display channel logos in the EPG. I tried copying the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\ folder from another system to my server (which has only the tv server, so I created the MediaPortal folder in ProgramData) but this did not work.

Then I have a problem with listening to music in WebMP. The database is displayed fine with covers and everything, but jwplayer shows error #2032. The music files are on the tv server and I have entered its windows username and password in MPExtended configuration on the HTPC. But a click on "Test" gives the message "Sorry, the network credentials you entered are invalid".

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Oxan here are the logs, i dont think that you will find something cause the mouseclick on the stop service button had absolute no reaction.
    Anyway i pressed the button several time, than i made directly the logs
    Which Windows version are you using?

I have a multi-seat setup with WebMP running on the tv server. Is there a way to display channel logos in the EPG. I tried copying the ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\ folder from another system to my server (which has only the tv server, so I created the MediaPortal folder in ProgramData) but this did not work.
    You can find the list of directories where MPExtended looks for a logos here.

Then I have a problem with listening to music in WebMP. The database is displayed fine with covers and everything, but jwplayer shows error #2032. The music files are on the tv server and I have entered its windows username and password in MPExtended configuration on the HTPC. But a click on "Test" gives the message "Sorry, the network credentials you entered are invalid".
    Is the account you entered also a valid account on the PC where MPExtended is installed? That's required at the moment.

Last edited:

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes I have seen that setting but the dropdown list is empty for me, and in MPExtended configuration I can see no option for myfilms. Can you tell me the steps...and what database it should point towards?
    Interesting. There shouldn't be any other configuration needed. Can you upload your MPExtended logs?

Here's the logfiles. I was also trying to use mvcentral in my music dropdown. It rendered the attached error in web interface when chosing "Music". When using the normal music database it work just fine.

Thanks in advance / U

Attachments

• MPExtended.zip
      145.1 KB
    • MPExtended_Error.txt
      3.1 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like there is some incompatibility between your MyFilms configuration and MPExtended. Can you upload your MyFilms.xml file too (it's in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal), if you want?

The mvCentral error in WebMP is because you don't have artists in your mvCentral database - that isn't supported by WebMP yet.

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can find the list of directories where MPExtended looks for a logos here.
    It works now. I forgot to put my copied folder inside Team Mediaportal.

Is the account you entered also a valid account on the PC where MPExtended is installed? That's required at the moment.
    The password is the same but the username is different. So it should not be possible on my system unless I change the account.

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looks like there is some incompatibility between your MyFilms configuration and MPExtended. Can you upload your MyFilms.xml file too (it's in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal), if you want?

The mvCentral error in WebMP is because you don't have artists in your mvCentral database - that isn't supported by WebMP yet.

According to the status messaage during startup of mvCentral plugin there should be well over 700 artists in the database, sending you a screenshot. Hope I did not misunderstand you there. :).
    Also attaching a MyFilms configuration file. As I understand no configuration is necessary in MPExtended Configuratior to my MyFilms working?
    What dropdownlist should contain MyFilm setting (Sent you a screenshot from my settings page)

Thank again for your time!

Attachments

• MPWebMediaPortal.jpg
      MPWebMediaPortal.jpg
      142.6 KB
    • mvcentral.jpg
      mvcentral.jpg
      160.2 KB
    • MyFilms.xml
      9.7 KB

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Oxan here are the logs, i dont think that you will find something cause the mouseclick on the stop service button had absolute no reaction.
    Anyway i pressed the button several time, than i made directly the logs
    Which Windows version are you using?
    Win XP with Remotesoftware (Teamviewer) .. maybe the Remotesoftware is the reason?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Oxan,

At last weekend the mpextended service on my server died twice after throwing an IO exception:

Code:
    2012-12-02 18:49:38.81126 [(34)] WARN: Failed to read section movies from MediaPortal.xml
    System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
      bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
      bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
      bei System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
      bei System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
      bei System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext)
      bei System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
      bei System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
      bei MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Util.Mediaportal.ReadSectionFromConfigFile(String sectionName) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Util\Mediaportal.cs:Zeile 116.
    2012-12-02 18:49:38.86426 [(34)] ERROR: Unhandled exception
    System.InvalidOperationException: Die Sequenz enthält keine Elemente.
      bei System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
      bei MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ShareLibrary.ReadConfiguration() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares\ShareLibrary.cs:Zeile 63.
      bei MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ConfigurationChangeListener.ConfigurationChangedEventHandler.Invoke()
      bei MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ConfigurationChangeListener.<Enable>b__0(Object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares\ConfigurationChangeListener.cs:Zeile 45.
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
      bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.IOCompletionCallback_Context(Object state)
      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
      bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2012-12-02 18:49:38.88526 [(34)] FATAL: Terminating because of previous exception

The full logs are in the attachment.

Attachments

• mpextended.zip
      227.8 KB

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi oxan,

like megahorst my mpextended service seems to die randomly quite often. i can see some exceptions in the server logs but have no idea what the issue is. ccould you have a look?

Code:
    2012-12-03 12:48:35.79257 [(39)] WARN: Failed to read section music from MediaPortal.xml
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml'.
    File name: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml'
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
      at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
      at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
      at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext)
      at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
      at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
      at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Util.Mediaportal.ReadSectionFromConfigFile(String sectionName) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Util\Mediaportal.cs:line 116
    2012-12-03 12:48:35.81057 [(39)] ERROR: Unhandled exception
    System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
      at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
      at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ShareLibrary.ReadConfiguration() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares\ShareLibrary.cs:line 63
      at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ConfigurationChangeListener.ConfigurationChangedEventHandler.Invoke()
      at MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares.ConfigurationChangeListener.<Enable>b__0(Object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\PlugIns\MPExtended.PlugIns.MAS.MPShares\ConfigurationChangeListener.cs:line 45
      at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
      at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
      at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
      at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.IOCompletionCallback_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2012-12-03 12:48:35.81657 [(39)] FATAL: Terminating because of previous exception

full logs attached as well. would appreciate any ideas

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    According to the status messaage during startup of mvCentral plugin there should be well over 700 artists in the database, sending you a screenshot. Hope I did not misunderstand you there. :).
    Also attaching a MyFilms configuration file. As I understand no configuration is necessary in MPExtended Configuratior to my MyFilms working?
    What dropdownlist should contain MyFilm setting (Sent you a screenshot from my settings page)
    Thanks, looks like it are bugs in MPExtended (your configuration is correct). I'll try to fix it in 0.5.2.

Win XP with Remotesoftware (Teamviewer) .. maybe the Remotesoftware is the reason?
    Hmm, might be. Could you also reply in this topic please? Thanks!

Hello Oxan,

At last weekend the mpextended service on my server died twice after throwing an IO exception:
    Thanks, fixed in 0.5.1.

like megahorst my mpextended service seems to die randomly quite often. i can see some exceptions in the server logs but have no idea what the issue is. ccould you have a look?

full logs attached as well. would appreciate any ideas
    Thanks, fixed in 0.5.1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom