[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended Service 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey @Oxan, are there any plans from your side to add a direct stream profile for iOS (iPad mainly)? Is this even possible?

Morelia

November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Oxan, i also posted in another thread, but i wonder if you could help me out with an issue. i can play / stream movies but i can't download them from the portal with this version
    Alle hulp wordt zeer gewaardeerd! thanks in advance.

Your work is awesome btw!

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Oxen, first off great add-on, use it all the time and would like to say a BIG thanks for all the development work on this.
    Much appreciated.

Has anyone seen this error before,
    I was running Mp extended 0.5.3 without issue and never seen or noticed this below error, however i wanted to move to Media portal 1.5.0 so i wanted everything to be updated.
    I upgrade to Mp extended 0.5.4 and now in the Mp extended WebMediaPortal log i see this error.
    it does not seem to hinder Mp extended to much as so far my test of 0.5.4 come back ok, however i am still a bit early in testing.
    Looks like some left over code from Oxan's testing from what i can see.

2013-11-30 23:41:14.75976 [(1)] DEBUG: WebMediaPortal starting!
    2013-11-30 23:41:14.79101 [(1)] ERROR: EnvironmentChecks: Error while setting permissions
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

at System.Security.AccessControl.Win32.SetSecurityInfo(ResourceType type, String name, SafeHandle handle, SecurityInfos securityInformation, SecurityIdentifier owner, SecurityIdentifier group, GenericAcl sacl, GenericAcl dacl)
    at System.Security.AccessControl.NativeObjectSecurity.Persist(String name, SafeHandle handle, AccessControlSections includeSections, Object exceptionContext)
    at System.Security.AccessControl.NativeObjectSecurity.Persist(String name, AccessControlSections includeSections, Object exceptionContext)
    at System.Security.AccessControl.NativeObjectSecurity.Persist(String name, AccessControlSections includeSections)
    at System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemSecurity.Persist(String fullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.SetAccessControl(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
    at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Hosting.EnvironmentSetup.AddAclRuleOnDirectory(String directory, IdentityReference identity, FileSystemRights rights, AccessControlType type) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Hosting\EnvironmentSetup.cs:line 76
    at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Hosting.EnvironmentSetup.EnsurePermissionSettings() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Hosting\EnvironmentSetup.cs:line 54
    at MPExtended.Libraries.Service.Hosting.EnvironmentSetup.CallWithExceptionHandling(Action action, String description) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Libraries\MPExtended.Libraries.Service\Hosting\EnvironmentSetup.cs:line 39
    2013-11-30 23:41:14.80468 [(1)] DEBUG: Installed skins:
    2013-11-30 23:41:14.80468 [(1)] DEBUG: - BlueShift
    2013-11-30 23:41:14.87109 [(1)] DEBUG: Active skin: BlueShift
    2013-11-30 23:41:14.89160 [(1)] INFO: WebMediaPortal version 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f) started with MAS 127.0.0.1:4322 and TAS 127.0.0.1:4322
    2013-11-30 23:41:15.07812 [(1)] DEBUG: MAS: Connected to version 0.5.4
    2013-11-30 23:41:15.12207 [(1)] DEBUG: TAS: Connected to version 0.5.4

any insight on how to address would be nice.

Thanks,
    ccna55

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Without knowing too much about MPE, I would say its a file permission issue?

Maybe the user that the service (or the web service) is running as, does not have the required permissions?

J.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Does anyone know if MPExtended works with MP1.7? I use it mostly with aMPdroid and occasionally also with the remote but I do not want to upgrade unless this works :) Thanks for the great plugin, use it all the time!

mtp3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I am currently using MPExtended with 1.7pre and aMPdroid and haven't had a problem.

Great markus_g :) appreciate the feedback, I will then venture an upgrade!

I recently did an upgrade install from 1.5 to 1.7pre and had problems with both ampdroid and mpextended. ampdroid remote does not work (and is listed as incompatible with the new titan skin. Mpextended service seems to randomly start using all available cpu ...

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am currently using MPExtended with 1.7pre and aMPdroid and haven't had a problem.

Great markus_g :) appreciate the feedback, I will then venture an upgrade!

I recently did an upgrade install from 1.5 to 1.7pre and had problems with both ampdroid and mpextended. ampdroid remote does not work (and is listed as incompatible with the new titan skin. Mpextended service seems to randomly start using all available cpu ...

Try uninstalling MpExtended and reinstalling. If I remember I needed to do this when I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6. Not sure why.

Vashke

April 8, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f).
    Skin: BlueShift v4
    MPExtended 0.5.4
    Media Portal 1.6.0.0
    MP-TV Series 3.6.0.2075

I have several series that do not show up on the webpage. These series show up in MediaPortal. The MP-TV Series plug in does not appear to have any issues detecting all of the series information and files.

A couple of the series that do not show up:
    Arakawa Under the Bridge (2011)
    Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo

Please let me know anything else needed to help trouble shoot this.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      787.7 KB
    • MPExtended 0.5.4 4-7-2014.zip
      400.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom