[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (4 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    However, I just installed Moving Pictures and I can now switch between the Moving Pictures and MyVideos databases in settings without a problem and the change is corrected reflected when browsing the movies in WebMediaPortal! So, it looks like the problem only occurs if Moving Pictures isn't installed. Hope that helps
    Ah, I see the problem. Thanks, fixed for 0.5.1.
    I see an other bug in the music section.

Every time that the artist OR the album name has an apostrophe, the music player will not display the album cover.

thanks again !
    Could you upload your WebMediaPortal.log and Service.log too?
    Hi Oxan,

Some more Test .. but direct Live-Tv-Streaming via Internet does not work. Recordings are working fine with the same Internet Access / Client / Software.

2012-11-27 13:29:15.17328 [(6)] WARN: Exception while proxying stream http://192.168.2.100:4322/MPExtende...etrieveStream?identifier=webmediaportal-15612
    System.Web.HttpException (0x800704CD): Der Remotehost hat die Verbindung beendet. Fehlercode: 0x800704CD.
    bei System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)
    bei System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ExplicitFlush()
    bei System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush)
    bei System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush()
    bei System.Web.HttpWriter.WriteFromStream(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    bei System.Web.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    bei MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Controllers.StreamController.ProxyStream(String sourceUrl) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal

I have an WHS 2011 and use the internal IIS. So locally connected via LAN works fine.
    I think the Problem is the Proxy stuff. I don´t believe, that the Router or Firewall is the problem, because the Recordings are working fine.
    Would be great if you could look a little bit further.
    That error means that the client disconnected from the stream... I'm not really sure why it seems to happen a lot while streaming over the internet, but I don't think I can easily fix this.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But Direct streaming was working in 0.43. This is the Killer Feature for me and i think to most others.
    Recordings working / TV Streaming working via Flash is also working.

For smooth Transcoding my CPU ( i5 ) is not enough. But my Upload of 30Mbps is big enough for Direct.
    So something new in 0.50 has broken it.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But Direct streaming was working in 0.43. This is the Killer Feature for me and i think to most others.
    Recordings working / TV Streaming working via Flash is also working.

For smooth Transcoding my CPU ( i5 ) is not enough. But my Upload of 30Mbps is big enough for Direct.
    So something new in 0.50 has broken it.
    Proxied vs. Direct has nothing todo with transcoding... When proxied mode is used, the stream is "proxied" through a WebMP webpage so that the MPExtended service doesn't have to be exposed to the outside.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That´s clear. So would this mean if i set the Direct Mode ( MPservice ) without Proxy ... i have also to open Port 4322 to get it working ?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes.

I'm actually not sure Direct mode will work from the outside anyway, as it might create a link to the local IP.

For Proxied mode, the code that does the stream proxying hasn't changed since 0.4.3, so I doubt that there is any problem there. I think IIS handles WebMP 0.5 a bit differently and closes the connection earlier. I'll try to reproduce it.

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    That´s clear. So would this mean if i set the Direct Mode ( MPservice ) without Proxy ... i have also to open Port 4322 to get it working ?
    Yes, also the address that you are using in webmp for mpextended must be the EXTERNAL one. And many home routers cannot route external addresses from within the network.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How this should work ? I have ( and 99% of the users ) NAT enabled. So only Port-Forwarding is possible. That is not enough ?

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thank you for the great update that was long-awaited. After trying it out, I have a few questions:

I have a dual seat setup with tv-server on LAN and one frontend PC connected to Internet. I have MP extended and webmediaportal running on both systems so I can access from either lan or the Internet, but ran into a couple of problems. I can't access "direct" stream profile from outside the LAN so when I'm not home I need to use a encoded stream. This gives lower quality and my tv-server can't encode fast enough and playback is choppy. Is there a way to make direct streaming possible through the Internet and/or have the high-end "frontend" PC do the encoding, rather than the low power tv-server?

Looks like Jelmo is asking about the same thing, so I'm gonna read the above now carefully :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How this should work ? I have ( and 99% of the users ) NAT enabled. So only Port-Forwarding is possible. That is not enough ?
    With port forwarding, you have to set stream type to Proxied and it should work. However, some people experience a lot of client disconnects then, of which I'm not sure whether they are caused by IIS (Express), WebMediaPortal, the router or the client. I'll try to reproduce it.

Thank you for the great update that was long-awaited. After trying it out, I have a few questions:

I have a dual seat setup with tv-server on LAN and one frontend PC connected to Internet. I have MP extended and webmediaportal running on both systems so I can access from either lan or the Internet, but ran into a couple of problems. I can't access "direct" stream profile from outside the LAN so when I'm not home I need to use a encoded stream. This gives lower quality and my tv-server can't encode fast enough and playback is choppy. Is there a way to make direct streaming possible through the Internet and/or have the high-end "frontend" PC do the encoding, rather than the low power tv-server?
    Direct streaming *SHOULD* be available through the Internet, but there is the problem of the client disconnects I described above. Offloading transcoding to another server might be added in 0.6.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any chance to get a better streamtransfer? - my upload is not the best with 750kbit/s, so i am not able to get a stream without any interruptions.
    I am thinking of a kind of "big" preload puffer, you puffer 10 minutes or something like this and than you can start watching without interuptions until you cross the puffer zone.

Anyway today i made my first internet live tv watching session, woke up my server @ home, logged in into WebMP, started a prg and everything worked.
    When i think about the technical background - wake up the server, start a website with your stuff, start a movie or live tv, server starts data compression and sends me the stuff arround the world .. awesome :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom