Upgrade to 1.13.0 and the DefaultWideHD skin (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For this part:
    Code:
    if (g_Player._mediaInfo != null && (g_Player._mediaInfo != null && !g_Player._mediaInfo.hasVideo &&
      (extension.ToLowerInvariant() != ".wtv" && g_Player._mediaInfo.MediaInfoNotloaded)))

...I would recommend to simplify the code like this:
    Code:
    if (g_Player._mediaInfo != null && !g_Player._mediaInfo.MediaInfoNotloaded && !g_Player._mediaInfo.hasVideo)

There's no need to check "g_Player._mediaInfo != null" twice, and IMHO the WTV support/handling should be limited to ("encapsulated in") the MediaInfoWrapper class (using the MediaInfoNotloaded property should be enough).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) you can try the zip attached in previous post but it's based on master so you need to use it with master build aka 1.14 pre release :)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Sebastiii

I've installed 1.14.0 Pre on one of my client machines and changed core.dll to the one you attached. That alone fixed the problem.

You also attached a patch. Do I need to apply that patch as well? If so, how do I apply the patch?

Tony

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Tony :)
    Thanks for you report, the patch is for dev who want to apply it on source, so no need for you (if you don't build from source).
    I have created a branch and merged to master, so it will be available for the 1.14 Final release.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for that.

I'm okay using the pre-release of 1.14.0 and the core.dll you provided until the full 1.14.0 release comes out.

I have customized the DefaultWideHD skin quite a bit and am keen to keep those changes when I upgrade to 1.14.0. Would you please let me know which file(s) I need to set aside and reapply after an upgrade to keep my custom changes?

Thank you all for your efforts in tracking down the aspect ratio issue with .WTV files. That is much appreciated. As a long time WMC user before moving to MediaPortal I have a very large number of .WTV files I need to watch.

Tony

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi

Create a Theme for your mods and move them into that - following any upgrade, your Theme files have priority - easier than tracking files to replace AND it means you can revert to full default mode on a file per file basis [just rename the Theme file to something not called - ie o_SomeSuchOverlay.xml - within skin.

Hope the helps.

JCMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom