DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As promised.

Please test if you can.

Any channels that have been searched before should work however I cannot guarantee that they will so I recommend a fresh installation.

This will install over the top of 1.3.0 Alpha only.

To enable USALS go into your Diseqc Motor. Tick the Enable Usals(gotoX).

Enter your Latitude and Longitude. You can find out what it is from this website. http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Make sure you use the correct details.

North is a positive number 0 - 90. South is a negative number -0.01 to -90.
East is a positive number 0 - 180. West is a negative number -0.01 to -180.

Then to test select a Satellite in the drop down box then click goto.

The dish should move to the corresponding satellite.

Now go into the scan page. Select the Satellite you wish to search then click scan. The dish will move to the satellite and scan it. Repeat this process for all your satellites.

There is a wait time for the first satellite movement of 25 seconds to stop the "No signal" error. Every subsequent motor move will have a wait time of 750ms per degree. I will be adding a box to increase this so you shouldn't get any No Signal errors.

All feedback is welcomed.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I'll give this a whirl tomorrow or later tonight.

Will it install over the top of your Sky plugin?

Thanks!

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good news man. I think it's time to move to 1.3.0... :p

Benney

Portal Member
    September 22, 2011
    Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well after waiting so long for this it was nice to see someone working on it.
    Sorry to say this but I ended up with XMBC and TVheadend for what I needed as I couldn't put up a dish farm and really need the motor.
    But having said that I do have a spare machine and parts laying about and will build another.
    So as time permits I will do this and report back.

Thank You DJBlu for all your work.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I've not had chance to test yet.. The missus frowns at me whenever I tell her that there is "a new version of Mediaportal"..

And when I say frown... you get the drift...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom