Using an External Bluray / HD-DVD Player | Page 4

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by jof, February 18, 2009.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Oh great, but you are able to play some Blu-Rays with Moving Picutres about an external Player?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. digitalfm

digitalfm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Yes, if I go into the configuration of Moving pictures I see the disk in the 'not matched' list. If I choose any name (to match it to something at least) and approve it, it then drops into the database. Then I go into Moving Pitcures, choose the movie I matched it to, and run. It then opens Total Media Theatre and plays fine.

4. Rasputin

Rasputin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    But Moving Pictures does not autodetect the Blu-Ray if i insert it when MP is running?
    It would be enough for me if Moving Piczutres asks me if i want to play the Blu-Ray
    wihtout importing to the Database, because i don't want to run the Config for each Blu-Ray
    i want to watch.

5. digitalfm

digitalfm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Yep, that was exactly my point in my other post. Click on the permilink. It's the exact same thing.

Just a 'play blu-ray' option would be enough. I don't need it matching either.

Quote:

It would be good to have an 'option' where by if Moving Pictures detects a Blu-Ray disk it simply adds 'Play Blu-Ray' as an option, maybe in the context menu or as part of the list with a nice default Blu-Ray background. This would be handy because all I'd want to do is put the disk in the drive, go into Moving pictures, and play it either through the internal or external player.

6. Rasputin

Rasputin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Perfect, i hope this will be quickly implemented ;)
    Thx for your quick replies, but until this will implemented i can watch blu-ray only
    thruth importing in moving pictures config?

7. armandp
    • Premium Supporter

armandp Retired Team Member

Application Designer
    Ratings:
    +616 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Rasputin: like mentioned in the other thread, we already have an issue open for this :)

8. slarti
    • Premium Supporter

slarti MP Donator

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    Would it be possible to use tourettes' "Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player" in Moving pictures by simply telling the plugin to kick in every time a .m2ts or .evo file is started? I love the way the arcsoft plugin changes to the correct refreshrate but hate the fact that My Videos is really ugly.

Thanks for an amazing plugin!

9. armandp
    • Premium Supporter

armandp Retired Team Member

Application Designer
    Ratings:
    +616 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    0.8 will have support for refresh rate changes (when using an external player like ArcSoft) but internally that should already work when you enable the refresh rate change options of mediaportal itself.

10. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    How does Moving Pictures know that something is a "Blu-Ray"? i.e. I have a single ripped m2ts file. But even though I have setup an external player as int he wiki, it is not launched. Does Moving Pictures know a m2ts file should be played as a blu-ray with the external player? or does it expect an iso or specific folder structure?

OK - looking at the code quickly - looks like I need a STREAM folder with the m2ts in it, and outside of that an index.bdmv file? or something like that

BDMV\STREAM\blah.m2ts
    BDMV\index.bdmv

looks like thats getting me somewhere...

11. HisDudeness

HisDudeness Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hello,

first of all i wanted to thank every body involved in developing this great plugin.
    I just have one small issue with using an external player(TMT3 latest patch .160).
    I have some blu rays and HD DVD rips on my HDD.
    When selecting a blu ray folder, moving pictures minimizes MP, starts TMT3 and plays the blu ray right away.
    When selecting a HD DVD folder, MP minimizes as well, TMT3 is started, but stops with an error message "unsupported file format".
    I have this problem only in MP when using moving pictures to launch an external player for HD DVD playback.
    When selecting the HD DVD rip manually out of TMT3, the movie starts just fine.

My system is running on MP 1.1.0 with latest SAF beta20(unlocked) installed.

I hope one of you guys has a hint for me.
    thx&regards,

HD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!