Using an External Bluray / HD-DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Jaybeam

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
Belgium Belgium
Country flag
This option is exactly what I'm looking for, and it works great with TMT3 but here's the thing.

I have dual monitor setup and I would like TMT3 to play immediatly on my second monitor (HDTV) and this is what I tried without luck.
ctrl+alt+left is my ultramon hotkey for sending an aplication to my second monitor, so I made an executable script with AutoIT

Code:
Run ("C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe", "")
WinWaitActive ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3", "", 15)
Send ("^!{LEFT}", 0)
WinWaitClose ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3")
Under the advanced settings of Moving Pictures I have set

Executable
C:\Users\Rudy\AppData\Roaming\Intelliremote\Moving Pictures TMT.exe (=location of my script)
Command-line Arguments
"%filename%"

TMT3 starts nicely on my HDTV but doesn't play the movie.
Does anyone have an idea what should the trick.

Update:

I have tried a different aproach with succes.
Instead of Moving Pictures calling the script, I have set to run as explained in the guide.
To make TMT3 open in my second monitor, I have made an Executable script that keeps running in an infinite loop at Windows startup.
This script looks if TMT is started and then shifts it to the other monitor without interupting the Moving Pictures command line.

Code:
While 1=1
ProcessWait ("uDigital Theatre.exe")
WinWaitActive ("ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3", "", 20)
Send ("^!{LEFT}", 0)
ProcessWaitClose ("uDigital Theatre.exe")
WEnd

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Wales Wales
    I am having a problem whereby the file being passed to the HD player is the index.bdmv file,and not the m2ts file.

I have the following folder structure:

Movie Name/BDMV/index.bdmv
    Movie Name/BDMV/STREAM/000001.m2ts

The movie is picked up correctly and added as a HD movie. When trying to play it the HD external player is launched. However - the filename passed is the path to the index.bdmv file.

From looking at the code quickly I was under the impression that Moving Pictures would look in the STREAM folder for the largest m2ts file (I only have one, at 36GB), and then it should play this?

Any ideas/pointers?
    :D

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Belgium Belgium
    Country flag
    The index.bdmv path is correct. This way it will not start the main feature of your BD, but will the BD started as is.
    Meaning your BD will start as iff you start from your BD-player with menus and everything.

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Belgium Belgium
    Country flag
    If you just want the main feature of the movie, you can remux your BD with TSmuxer and put in nothing more than the movie and the desired streams.
    This way you also want have no problems with seamless branching. You can load the BD first with BDInfo, see what playlist is for the movie and load the playlist in TSmuxer.
    (playlist=mpls file)
    I do this al the time and this way you can also mux in srt subs.

CypherMK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 11, 2009
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Hi there,

I'm using the external player for bluray. What I want is to start the bluray and change my refreshrate and desktop resolution. I followed the wiki for that. But couldn't succeed. This is what I did in the advanced options of moving pictures:

Executable (external player)
    C:\Program Files\DisplayChanger\dc.exe (path to 12noon display changer)

Command line arguments (external player)
    -width=1920 -height=1080 -depth=max -refresh=23.976 -apply -quiet "C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDigital Theatre.exe" "%filename%"

When I go to moving pictures and start a bluray movie (stored on hard disk), the movie starts in the external player, my tv is searching for a new signal, but when the signal is back the refresh rate and desktop resolution stay the same (1280*720@50hz) as before.

So there must be something wrong with my command line arguments, but I can't figure out what. Normally I use these commands with the internal player, and they always work.

Can someone help?
    Thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 14
    toricred [solved] Configuring TV Server to use NAS General 5
    vvulture Using Windows 10 MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    Megane Too much RAM used (over 2 GB). General Support 18
    doskabouter 1.23.0 MatroskaTagInfo uses the wrong casing for tags Bugreports 27
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    M Can i use my Vu+ Zero 4k Tuner for Mediaportal? General 0
    benicehavefun Using MePo TV Server 1.23 via MPExtended/WebMediaPortal as a Backend for Plex MPExtended 4
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    1gkar Use Alternative Sites to Scrape Series Info My TVSeries 5
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    S [solved] Live TV subtitle issue if not using 100% font General 31
    N [Proposal] Make text input using remote control easier MediaPortal 2 4
    T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6
    erika jandova Using SD and MediaPortal 1 Newcomers Forum 4
    D Large xml database in My Movies Management. I remain unclear on use My Films as bridge to MP2.2 General 9
    N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
    high [Help Me!] Atlassian Fisheye/Crucible still used? Team Lounge 8
    D [solved] HID remote for mp2 and w10 64 bit? using all tools: sony, cisco, homeworkx ng General 2
    Symphy Still being used? ASIO music player 0
    P no signal when scanning for channels using antenna and dual hd General Support 2