Using MyMovies database (1 Viewer)

riro

Portal Member
September 20, 2007
Sundborn
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just one thing... did a quick-look thru the xml-file...

The element COVERS points to %appdata%\bla\bla\blaha.jpg

Since some of us (at least I do) are using MyMovies on a server that path wont show up right on my htpc.

But, MyMovies keeps a copy of front/back in the DVD-catalog.

This structure:
\\server\dvds\my film\video_ts
\\server\dvds\my film\mymovies-front.jpg
\\server\dvds\my film\mymovies-back.jpg

Uegis

January 7, 2008
How do you use Mymovies XML in myfilms? The Wiki is so confusing, and written from someone from a different primary language so difficult to understand. I cannot get myfilms to even work, for the life of me with the confusing wiki page.

riro

Portal Member
September 20, 2007
Sundborn
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just one thing... did a quick-look thru the xml-file...

The element COVERS points to %appdata%\bla\bla\blaha.jpg

Since some of us (at least I do) are using MyMovies on a server that path wont show up right on my htpc.

But, MyMovies keeps a copy of front/back in the DVD-catalog.

This structure:
\\server\dvds\my film\video_ts
\\server\dvds\my film\mymovies-front.jpg
\\server\dvds\my film\mymovies-back.jpg

Looks like a bug in MyMovies... if I export the XML from the client it puts out:
Code:
<Covers>
  <Front>\\SERVER01\MyMoviesFileStorage$\Covers\b8af5898-2afd-4da0-8d90-fd2740c6e744.jpg</Front> 
  <Back>\\SERVER01\MyMoviesFileStorage$\Covers\a0fcd6f9-6c60-40b2-a01c-427e4999e5f1.jpg</Back> 
</Covers>

Works like a charm :)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Looks like a bug in MyMovies... if I export the XML from the client it puts out:
Code:
<Covers>
  <Front>\\SERVER01\MyMoviesFileStorage$\Covers\b8af5898-2afd-4da0-8d90-fd2740c6e744.jpg</Front> 
  <Back>\\SERVER01\MyMoviesFileStorage$\Covers\a0fcd6f9-6c60-40b2-a01c-427e4999e5f1.jpg</Back> 
</Covers>

Works like a charm :)

Well, instead of \\SERVER01\ I get 127.0.0.1 which points back to my htpc.
I have tried to connect to SERVER in the collection management and export xml again but I always get 127.0.0.1 in the xml.

Not very useful when I then run this on my HTPC machine which does not hold any images.

Help?!?

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I don't know what I did but now it exported the correct server name. Not the localhost IP.
So pictures are now working. Now I am only waiting for MyFilms to support the logic that MyMovies are using. I.E. playing all video files stored in the folder which MyMovies are keeping as reference point to the movies instead of to a specific file. Since this is the way MyMovies is working and they don't intend to change the behaviour I guess this logic also needs to be implemented into MyFilms as well for full MyMovies compability.

Let's hope for this! :)

Users who are viewing this thread