Version 0.2.0.1 beta 2 (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Symphy, Just to let you know. Im very happy with the plugin right now. Its working perfectly now. :)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Symphy,

I just bought ATI Radeon 4670 graphics card with 5.1 LPCM support through HDMI. I have ASIO4ALL. I used your plugin before with no problems. I have multichannel FLAC files with music and ASIO playback with your plugin is not working properly.

Example: 4 channel FLAC file with front and surround channels is playing from front speakers and center. Surrounds are quiet. With foobar2000 ASIO playback works as it should.

Next problem is, that I can play music only right after I started MediaPortal. After I press stop and then I press play again, I have no sound. It is very strange.

I will test it more with 5.0 and 5.1 FLAC files, but definitely 4.0 is not working

Thank's for help!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy,

I just bought ATI Radeon 4670 graphics card with 5.1 LPCM support through HDMI. I have ASIO4ALL. I used your plugin before with no problems. I have multichannel FLAC files with music and ASIO playback with your plugin is not working properly.

Example: 4 channel FLAC file with front and surround channels is playing from front speakers and center. Surrounds are quiet. With foobar2000 ASIO playback works as it should.
    Upmixing from 4.0 to 5.1 is not (yet) supported. (never has though). It will put the surround channels on LFE and center...
    I'll see if i can add 4.0 -> 5.1 upmixing support.
    Next problem is, that I can play music only right after I started MediaPortal. After I press stop and then I press play again, I have no sound. It is very strange.

Try disabling the skin sound effects (in MP config - General). Many ppl have reported something similar, and it looks like its caused by the skin soundeffect preventing asio4all to get exclusive access to the device. Have not found a good solution for this yet.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Upmixing from 4.0 to 5.1 is not (yet) supported. (never has though). It will put the surround channels on LFE and center...
    I'll see if i can add 4.0 -> 5.1 upmixing support.

Thank you for your response! I am not sure what you mean by upmixing, I only want correct input channels played in correct output channels. So, with 4.0 FLAC, FL - FL, FR - FR, Center - quiet, LFE - quiet, SL - SL, SR - SR. And please, check 5.0 FLACs too, I suspect Center and LFE are swapped there.

I can send FLAC examples to you if you wish...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for your response! I am not sure what you mean by upmixing, I only want correct input channels played in correct output channels. So, with 4.0 FLAC, FL - FL, FR - FR, Center - quiet, LFE - quiet, SL - SL, SR - SR. And please, check 5.0 FLACs too, I suspect Center and LFE are swapped there.
    Hmm, so no left/right mix on center and LFE? Unless your device or equipment attached to it has its own bassmanagement, you wont have any playback on the subwoofer.

Adding the channelmapping as you describe is not a problem though.
    I can send FLAC examples to you if you wish...
    Will be helpfull! Don't have 4.0 and 5.0 material available here. Please use some fileshare site and pm me the download link.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will be helpfull! Don't have 4.0 and 5.0 material available here. Please use some fileshare site and pm me the download link.

I sent you PM
    :D

Have been looking at them. Supporting all these channelmappings properly can be done, but wil require quite some work alltogether. So it won't be in the 0.2.0.1, but i will schedule it for one of the next versions.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Have been looking at them. Supporting all these channelmappings properly can be done, but wil require quite some work alltogether. So it won't be in the 0.2.0.1, but i will schedule it for one of the next versions.

Thank's Symphy! I will wait for it. Today I can use foobar2000.
    :D

cmbe

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I have been searching for something like this for sooo long, it works like a charm.

Many thanks for such a great plugin :D

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I would like to second the request for multi-channel flac files. During playout I only get stereo but I am able to play DTS wav files correctly. If you need any more 5 channel flac files let me know. Also mikeyko if you could explain how I could use foobar to play them properly for the time being I would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom