Version 0.2.0.1 beta 2 (1 Viewer)

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I would like to second the request for multi-channel flac files. During playout I only get stereo but I am able to play DTS wav files correctly. If you need any more 5 channel flac files let me know. Also mikeyko if you could explain how I could use foobar to play them properly for the time being I would appreciate it.

You need hardware that supports Multichannel PCM audio through HDMI to receiver. Second possibility is SPDIF with Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect that can encode multichannel to AC3 or DTS (but you will loose quality due to lossy compression). Third possibility is analog multichannel output

I am using ASIO4ALL with ATI 4670 GPU. Next, you need foobar2000 and foobar ASIO plugin.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I am currently using SPDIF to pass audio to my receiver. I have a video card that can pass LPCM audio through HDMI but my current receiver does not support it. I have ASIO4all and use it with this plugin. I can play multi-channel DTS files and DTS and AC3 Audio from movies without issue. There are two places where I run into issues: Multi-Channel FLAC files and DTS Audio ripped from DVD's. The latter will not even play.

Other then getting foobar2000 what else needs to be done? Can I use the newer version of it or do I need to use version 8.3 like I have read in some posts?

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I am currently using SPDIF to pass audio to my receiver. I have a video card that can pass LPCM audio through HDMI but my current receiver does not support it. I have ASIO4all and use it with this plugin. I can play multi-channel DTS files and DTS and AC3 Audio from movies without issue. There are two places where I run into issues: Multi-Channel FLAC files and DTS Audio ripped from DVD's. The latter will not even play.

Other then getting foobar2000 what else needs to be done? Can I use the newer version of it or do I need to use version 8.3 like I have read in some posts?

If you are using SPDIF and your audio drivers don't suport DDL or DTS Connect, you can't play multichannel FLACs. SPDIF supports only PCM stereo, AC3 and DTS

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I was under the impression that the flac files I have are DTS encoded.

there is also dts plugin for foobar you can try. I am not listening to dts music, only lossless, but dts should work in pure audio plugin too...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Symphy,

I dont know if the thing I notice is normal or not. But here it is anyway...
    As you already know, Im very happy with the plugin as it is.
    But when I put mp3 in the extension list of pureaudio, I get to see/hear odd behaviour.
    - When I press play, rarely the mp3's wont start. I can see its trying to, but it stops as soon as the counter is visible.
    - When I am listening to song 1 and I select and play song 2 during the playback of song 1, there is a ~2 second delay in the reaction. Even if I press stop, the music continues to play for about 2 seconds.

Now I recently got rid of the mp3 extension in the plugin and I am using the bass player. This results in the old trusted instant response of the music.

This thing is obviously not critical or very urgent for me. But it does prevent me from using the plugin to use with mp3 for upmixing stereo > 5.1 sound.

Again Symphy, thank you for this awesome plugin.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmmm...

I upgraded to MP RC4. But now the only thing I hear is white noise. Am I the only one with this problem?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi edterbak!

Same Settings as before? I have upgradet too, all is working fine!

Best Regards

Helios

cmbe

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi,

I can also confirm that in my case it works fine with RC4.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats funny.. Thanks for your replies guys.. I have something to sort out it seems.

[edit]
    I just found the cause of the problem. Im an idiot...
    I didnt have the correct settings in my soundcard software.... Sigh... sorry for wasting your time guys. Thanks anyway.

Me is listening to DTS sound again :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom