Version 0.2.0.1 beta 2 (1 Viewer)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am currently using SPDIF to pass audio to my receiver. I have a video card that can pass LPCM audio through HDMI but my current receiver does not support it. I have ASIO4all and use it with this plugin. I can play multi-channel DTS files and DTS and AC3 Audio from movies without issue. There are two places where I run into issues: Multi-Channel FLAC files and DTS Audio ripped from DVD's. The latter will not even play.

It's as mikeyko alread said: over spdif you can only pass unencoded stereo and ac3/dts.
    In order to play ac3/dts over spdif with this plugin, it needs to be encapsulated in 2 channel PCM. Audio ripped from a DVD is in raw format and thus will not play. You can encapsulate it though using the spdifer tool from AC3Filter tools | AC3Filter

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Symphy, I've long been using your fantastic plugin, but I've got a problem with the more recent versions. I've attached two logs, one with Pureaudio and the other without. All I did was select the genre 'Xmas' and 'add to playlist'. Without Pureaudio, the music starts playing pretty much straight away, but with Pureaudio there is a long delay, during which the system is not responding. This delay can be seen in the log:
    2008-12-14 17:04:39.176582 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player.OnStarted() M:\Music\Xmas\BB King - A Christmas Celebration of Hope\01 - B.B. King - Please Come Home for Christmas.mp3 media:Music
    2008-12-14 17:04:39.176582 [Debug][21]: PureAudio: BASSPlayer.InternalPlay("M:\Music\Xmas\BB King - A Christmas Celebration of Hope\01 - B.B. King - Please Come Home for Christmas.mp3", True) called...
    2008-12-14 17:04:39.176582 [Info.][21]: PureAudio: Determined file type: AudioFile/None
    2008-12-14 17:04:39.176582 [Debug][MPMain]: GUITVCropManager.g_Player_PlackBackStarted: media: Music tv:False ts:False
    2008-12-14 17:05:18.348959 [Debug][21]: PureAudio: Stream created for : M:\Music\Xmas\BB King - A Christmas Celebration of Hope\01 - B.B. King - Please Come Home for Christmas.mp3
    If you need me to do further diagnostics then please let me know.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any idea why version 1.2.2 is the last one giving me bitperfect playback.
    I'm using no ASIO but a soundcard+driver which is capable of playback 44.1 khz without resampling.
    When trying to playback a 44.1 khz DTS file, later versions only give hiss on playback.
    I tried 1.3.0 and all the 2.x releases without success.

Thanks.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using no ASIO but a soundcard+driver which is capable of playback 44.1 khz without resampling.
    When trying to playback a 44.1 khz DTS file, later versions only give hiss on playback.

Thanks.

Hmm, that's odd. Maybe it's related to changing to floating point samples internally. Will have a look at it coming week.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks.

Hmm, that's odd. Maybe it's related to changing to floating point samples internally. Will have a look at it coming week.

If you need additional information to track down the problem please let me know.

Thanks

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this plugin and LastFm issues.....

Just want to see if this is just me but I have an issue of LastFM only playing 1 track and then stopping and locking up MP at the same time.

I pretty sure this was a issue before but jumping the 1st track seemed to solve it...not any more, well not for me.

I have done some tesing at this happens on 3 seperate installs on MP and this plugin...enable Pure Audio LastFM/MP dies and disable all is fine.

Pure Audio is a must have for me as have a lot of DTS music and the inbuilt ASIO support stopped worksing ages back!

I get round it currently by manually disabling the plugin when I want to use Last|FM, in reality this means it is disabled most of the time :)

If possible a soloution might me to fall back to the internal player of the active module is LastFM.

Using MP V1.0 / Beta 2 of this plugin / ASIO4ALL V2.8 / Gigabyte MB with Realtec ALC883

Thanks for any help suggestions

Trevor

MetalKiller

Portal Member
    October 31, 2008
    Hello,
    Sorry but I dont know anything about ASIO, I am wondering:
    - if I am using SPDIF pass thought to my receiver. Is useful to install this ASIO plugin?
    - if you install ASIO4ALL. Is still useful to install Pure Audio plugin?

Thank you very much in advance ;-)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just want to see if this is just me but I have an issue of LastFM only playing 1 track and then stopping and locking up MP at the same time.

I pretty sure this was a issue before but jumping the 1st track seemed to solve it...not any more, well not for me.

I have done some tesing at this happens on 3 seperate installs on MP and this plugin...enable Pure Audio LastFM/MP dies and disable all is fine.

Pure Audio is a must have for me as have a lot of DTS music and the inbuilt ASIO support stopped worksing ages back!

I get round it currently by manually disabling the plugin when I want to use Last|FM, in reality this means it is disabled most of the time :)

If possible a soloution might me to fall back to the internal player of the active module is LastFM.

Using MP V1.0 / Beta 2 of this plugin / ASIO4ALL V2.8 / Gigabyte MB with Realtec ALC883

Thanks for any help suggestions

Trevor

Will look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom