VGA to Component (1 Viewer)

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
I got this VGA to component adapter for my 9600 PRO XT card and I can't get it to work with my TV. Is there some kind of settings that I have to screw with? The S-video works but it looks like crap.

andro

Portal Member
October 9, 2005
Hi J3Dante37,

The adapter should work without a problem. I have the same adapter on a 9800 pro and under the ati config screen a YPbPr monitor shows up below the normal monitor. (desk monitor has normal vga, adapter on the dvi output). Unfortunately both monitors have to have the same resolution. Play a bit with the cloning settings and make sure both the connector and the software have all the different resolutions marked (the little pins).

Regards,

Andro
(PM me with your emailadres if you want some screenshots of the setup)

J3Dante37

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
Bettendorf, IA
I ordered the DVI to HDTV adapter. Do you think that should do the trick?

I currently can get the resolution to show the screen in triplict so there has got to be something wrong with the settings. Do you think that the post should come in clear?

andro

Portal Member
October 9, 2005
I have the Dvi to component adapter. In my config I use the dvi output to go to my jvc tv and the vga output to go to my monitor. It shows the same resolution on both sets. I figured out that the res of the tv is 1776x1000 (optimal) so I have a hotkey configured when I watch tv to switch to that res.

But yes.. it should work.. at least it does for me.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As stated before, You need to use the DVI to component dongle not teh VGA to Component dongle. The VGA to component dongle was designed to be used with the radeon 8500 series of cards. Once you have that set up you can just set resolutions for your TV.

1776 x 1000 gives a lot of people a nice desktop with minimal overscan/underscan. It all depends on the model of your TV. I have a philips and 1776 x 1000 works best for the desktop (@ 30 hz).

weeb

Portal Member
    April 24, 2006
    will these adapters work with standard def tv's? I have a standard def tv and am looking for a better solution than just the regualr old svideo from my radeon 9600 XT.

weeb

Portal Member
    April 24, 2006
    i am very capable of doing some soldering and that looks very interesting only problem is my tv doesn have a SCART input. I dontl even really know what SCART is. I am assuming it is a european format.

Anyone tried the ATI dvi to component(YPrPb) adapter on an SDTV??

Users who are viewing this thread