video_ts playback -> black screen after stop (1 Viewer)

hjbaard

Portal Pro
April 25, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found out that when using the power dvd codecs, it works ok. So the problem has something to do with codecs.
I am not using the powerdvd codecs, but MPV. and i do not have that problem.

could you please test with MPV selected as video codec?

I know, but first I used the ffshow codec and that gave me this problem. Now I tried the powerdvd codecs with success. Also the MPV codec seems not to produce this problem.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I found out that when using the power dvd codecs, it works ok. So the problem has something to do with codecs.
    I am not using the powerdvd codecs, but MPV. and i do not have that problem.

could you please test with MPV selected as video codec?

I know, but first I used the ffshow codec and that gave me this problem. Now I tried the powerdvd codecs with success. Also the MPV codec seems not to produce this problem.

:D

so this seems to be a ffdshow issue.
    which i would never recommend to use as mepg2 video codec btw. ;)

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you enable the RAW in ffdshow for all support codecs then the FFDSHOW output filter would/could be enabled. Could be that this would produce problems when using for instance MPV. I suggest if you have problems you could check whether RAW is enabled in ffdshow or not.

ffdshowsettings1.jpg

Sometimes when I am unsure if ffdshow is doing stuff I enable the OSD settings in ffdshow just to see. No OSD means no ffdshow doing anything.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    based on our research, it seems that this only happens with DVD-rips, not with "retail DVD's".
    so maybe those of you which enounter this problem, simply have a "broken" dvd-rip?

that would explain why the majority of us is unable to reproduce this issue on quite many, very different HTPC setups.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Sometimes when I am unsure if ffdshow is doing stuff I enable the OSD settings in ffdshow just to see. No OSD means no ffdshow doing anything.

In addition to that people should check with GraphEdit if the ffdshow filter is added to the graph.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

In addition to that people should check with GraphEdit if the ffdshow filter is added to the graph.
    If WinXP is used, all you have to do is to
    1. press "start -> all programs -> team mediaportal -> mediaportal -> mediaportal debug"
    2. then play the dvd which causes the issue -> press "stop" (which will trigger the issue to occur as reported) -> and close mp
    3. inside the created log.zip you will find a jpg which shows the directshow graph

sadly this is not working in vista..... because a required file for this feature was left out by M$ :mad:

hjbaard

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    based on our research, it seems that this only happens with DVD-rips, not with "retail DVD's".
    so maybe those of you which enounter this problem, simply have a "broken" dvd-rip?

that would explain why the majority of us is unable to reproduce this issue on quite many, very different HTPC setups.

I read something about it only happening when playing a (riped) dvd, but I experienced the same problem when playing ts_video files on my HDD. (This was of course also a dvd ripe but then stored on the HDD).

So what you say here 0001871: Black screen after stopping video_ts playback - MediaPortal Bugtracker is different in my case!

Btw it happened with rips with and without dvd menu's.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I read something about it only happening when playing a (riped) dvd, but I experienced the same problem when playing ts_video files on my HDD. (This was of course also a dvd ripe but then stored on the HDD).

So what you say here 0001871: Black screen after stopping video_ts playback - MediaPortal Bugtracker is different in my case!

As i said, i also have a few DVDs ripped to my HDD. some with menus some without.
    All play just like a charm, no issues at all.

The folderstructe is like this
    Code:
    \movies\cars\VIDEO_TS\*.vob *.ifo, etc files

so when i click at the "cars" folder, MP starts to play the movie.
    do those of you which have this problem, select the ifo/vob file directly to play the movie?

if so, could you please create a folder structure as mentioned above and re-test?

hjbaard

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

As i said, i also have a few DVDs ripped to my HDD. some with menus some without.
    All play just like a charm, no issues at all.

The folderstructe is like this
    Code:
    \movies\cars\VIDEO_TS\*.vob *.ifo, etc files

so when i click at the "cars" folder, MP starts to play the movie.
    do those of you which have this problem, select the ifo/vob file directly to play the movie?

if so, could you please create a folder structure as mentioned above and re-test?

I do use the same menu structuur. So Movie\<moviename>\VIDEO_TS\*.BUP *.IFO *.VOB etc. (and also an empty AUDIO_TS folder)

But as I wrote earlier the problem disappeared when using Powerdvd codecs in stead of ffdshow.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I do use the same menu structuur. So Movie\<moviename>\VIDEO_TS\*.BUP *.IFO *.VOB etc. (and also an empty AUDIO_TS folder)

But as I wrote earlier the problem disappeared when using Powerdvd codecs in stead of ffdshow.

:D

i am about to get 2 samples of dvd rips which are supposed to trigger that issue even if ffdshow is not selected....
    i will post as soon as i got my hands on them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom