Visualisations in 1.2Beta (1 Viewer)

B

BassFan

AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

I think there is something in MediaPortal code that prevents vis to show when using radio streams.
that future is not implement yet in Media Portal.
Thing is, vis are very fast for me. Rendering in 25 fps CONSTANTLY (guess that 25fps is a limit because it would go even higher, I'm sure).
not enough for Milk :)

greets

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using rich76 files from post #80 and set "upmix stereo to 5.1" in MP config as Baron of L/S suggests and it's working, go's with the beat and song name appear.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

I think there is something in MediaPortal code that prevents vis to show when using radio streams.
    Thing is, vis are very fast for me. Rendering in 25 fps CONSTANTLY (guess that 25fps is a limit because it would go even higher, I'm sure).

check my FullSpeed Sample
    and test all available function from sample .. incl Render from Device (for TV or Radio)
    add more then one sound and use right mouse button in Vis Window for available function from VIS.
    then see what your has ;)

all available function correctly implement in MP as a AddOn then no longer any problems with visualization....

greets

Hi Emil,

as you know, i can#t do any Addon / Plugin for MP, since Milkdrop needs to render to it's own Parent Window.
    If it is implemented as plugin, then we still have the MP Main window as parent, which "steals" away the cycles.
    I need to have an external App for that.

regards,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't mind loosing vis overlay window. But it would be cool to have more info in vis full screen window, something like OSD in video full screen.

iirc, there is no way to render to a DC, which i would need to do OSD like information.
    So we can only display, what the pkugin is offering.

With Sonique Vis, we are able to render our own OSD on Top of it.

B

BassFan

AW: Re: AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

check my FullSpeed Sample
    and test all available function from sample .. incl Render from Device (for TV or Radio)
    add more then one sound and use right mouse button in Vis Window for available function from VIS.
    then see what your has ;)

all available function correctly implement in MP as a AddOn then no longer any problems with visualization....

greets

Hi Emil,

as you know, i can#t do any Addon / Plugin for MP, since Milkdrop needs to render to it's own Parent Window.
    If it is implemented as plugin, then we still have the MP Main window as parent, which "steals" away the cycles.
    I need to have an external App for that.

regards,

Helmut

Hello Helmut
    yes i understand that ..
    and it is difficult to handle the
    when i can do any then contact me...

greets

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As this thread is entitled "Visualisations in 1.2Beta", I would like to point out that G-Force3.7.1 works perfectly as viz in MP, including pulsing to the beat.

You need Winamp installed so you can get the necessary file from its program folder Winamp\plugins, file is viz_g-force.dll. which needs to be moved to the MP\plugins folder.

Sorry to step on your toes bassfan, but this is to point out that this viz will work correctly in MP.

Regards

B

BassFan

AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Sorry to step on your toes bassfan, but this is to point out that this viz will work correctly in MP.
    oopps i will not make any trouble here...
    the question of many user is Milk not viz_g-force.dll
    which render on DC directly and MP has the source code directly implement from it..

is normal that this work without any problem..

greets

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    oopps i will not make any trouble here

Me too heh heh :D

Just as a side note, saying that G-Force pulses to the beat, is like comparing chalk to cheese against superior graphics of milk2.

Me, my daughter and her boyfriend spent over a hour switching between MP's GUI with milkdrop as viz and winamp and no one could tell the difference playing the same tunes, so really not sure myself whats wrong if anything.

Beat seems to show up more when there are distinct lines or pulses of lines, as in the starburst effect, which g-force has abundantly more of, which of course makes it more noticeable.

By the way anyone using g-force needs to select g-force, not g-force winamp under visualisation, just to clarify.

Regards

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    No problems here about going a little OT - all are welcome to pitch in :)
    This sounds lots like it's going somewhere though - GREAT!! :D

(I too have no problem losing the little display)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, when I turned on "upmix to 5.1" I get a visible pulse in Milkdrop as well. The signal, however got so loud into my receiver that I got distortion (until I turned the volume down in MediaPortal). So I still have some tweaking left. If more people that lack the "beat pulse" effect in Milkdrop try to enable the upmix option maybe that's it?

Cheers
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread