Visualisations in 1.2Beta (1 Viewer)

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is the Milkdrop files I use which are 2.1 and show the track info on track change but still don't react to the music for me.
    I haven't been able to get either 2.2 or 2.21 to show the track info plus has a few other problems but 2.1 works fine for me :)

Rich

Works well for me:D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With the MD.rar file attached on the previous page I get song titles showing as well. But the music doesn't seem to affect the movement of the visuals. Are there any specific settings in Milkdrop that are recommended when using it within MediaPortal?

Edit: Forgot to add that with the Winamp visualization chosen, the start/stop fade in/out doesn't work anymore in MediaPortal. Anyone else noticed?

Cheers
    Emph

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    With the MD.rar file attached on the previous page I get song titles showing as well. But the music doesn't seem to affect the movement of the visuals. Are there any specific settings in Milkdrop that are recommended when using it within MediaPortal?

Edit: Forgot to add that with the Winamp visualization chosen, the start/stop fade in/out doesn't work anymore in MediaPortal. Anyone else noticed?

Cheers
    Emph

All works for me, I'm getting song title and beat, have you got "upmix stereo to 5.1" ticked in MP config>music>player settings? doesn't seem to work if not. Fadein/out is also working on my system
    Hope this helps

B

BassFan

AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

I haven't been able to get either 2.2 or 2.21 to show the track info plus has a few other problems but 2.1 works fine for me
    Please use only 2.1 with Bass_vis version used in MP
    2.2 and 2.21 work only with the last build of Bass_vis which NOT used in MP.
    Winamp has removed Milk > 2.2 from the installation
    Why? Some in Milk> 2.2 is incorrect
    * Reverted: Milkdrop from v2.23 to v2.2 and AVS from v2.83 to v2.81d (for now)
    then all work fine
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bitte verwendet nur 2.1 mit der Bass_vis version die in MP verwendet wird.
    2.2 und 2.21 funktioniert nur mit meiner letzten version von Bass_vis die aber in MP nicht verwendet wird.
    Winamp hat Milk > 2.2 aus der Installation entfernt
    Warum ? Einiges in Milk > 2.2 ist Fehlerhaft
    * Reverted: Milkdrop from v2.23 to v2.2 and AVS from v2.83 to v2.81d (for now)
    Dann sollte alles funktionieren.

greets

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Perhaps BassFan could help??

Die einzigste möglichkeit
    eine 100% Visualisierung mit Milkdrop zu realisieren.
    Visualisierungen komplett von MP (Render Engine) trennen.

Visualisierungen müßten dann als Plugin bzw. AddOn eingebunden werden.
    Ich benötigte dann einen Schnittstelle um Bass_vis an dieser anpassen zu können.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only possibility
    to realize a 100% visualization with Milkdrop.
    Completely separate visualization of MP (rendering engine).

Visualizations would then be integrated as plugin or add-on.
    Then I needed an interface to adapt to this Bass_vis can.

I will help when i can ;)

greets

Hi Emil,

thanks for the suggestion.
    That's what i thought already.

When i find more time i plan to completely decouple the Vis from MP and have it run as an external app, which will somehow (using IPC or .Net Remoting) controlled by MP.

@Other Guys using Vis:

Haven't checked it, but this would mean that we most probably will only support Full Screen Vis and no longer having a Small Vis Overlay Window.
    But i think this should be ok.

What do you think.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I don't mind loosing vis overlay window. But it would be cool to have more info in vis full screen window, something like OSD in video full screen.

Also, are the visualizations disabled for interned radio streams? I use different plugins to listen to internet radio streams but see no vis in those cases.

One more Q, I have no idea if vis are following music or not lol. After 12 years of music school I would say i have feeling for rhythm but in vis window, I see nothing. Guess that means that vis are not following music :)

I started to use 2.1 MD from page 7, there aren't much differences between this and MD 2.1 I was using before.

B

BassFan

AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

Also, are the visualizations disabled for interned radio streams? I use different plugins to listen to internet radio streams but see no vis in those cases.
    this is not a problem
    bass_vis can render over Sound device (Soundcard) without any stream..
    so you can see what your hear ;)

also should work with TV and also Radio without any problem.

i have feeling for rhythm but in vis window, I see nothing
    this is a problem with the render engine MP Window used to many frames when rendering
    so the Vis has no room for reakt to the music on real time the frames are to slow "10 Frames per second" by me.
    sorry this can not work correctly.

greets

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I only use visualizations in full screen anyway so sound good to me, SilentException's OSD idea sounds good too.

It would be awesome to have visualizations available for internet radio streams if possible and a way to change to different visualizations without having to go to the MP configuration program, maybe in settings.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: AW: Visualisations in 1.2Beta

this is not a problem
    bass_vis can render over Sound device (Soundcard) without any stream..
    so you can see what your hear ;)

also should work with TV and also Radio without any problem.

I think there is something in MediaPortal code that prevents vis to show when using radio streams.

i have feeling for rhythm but in vis window, I see nothing
    this is a problem with the render engine MP Window used to many frames when rendering
    so the Vis has no room for reakt to the music on real time the frames are to slow "10 Frames per second" by me.
    sorry this can not work correctly.

greets

Thing is, vis are very fast for me. Rendering in 25 fps CONSTANTLY (guess that 25fps is a limit because it would go even higher, I'm sure).

Users who are viewing this thread