'Watch-Series' on the blink again :/ (1 Viewer)

PJBonoVox

Portal Member
October 26, 2011
I'm guessing they've changed the site again, but the behaviour is the same as last time -- 'Unable to play the video. No URL' when selecting a video.

Just a heads-up.

Cheers, Phil.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I already noticed that. It's a bit on and off the last couple of days.

I think they are migrating the lot to a different place (url's are redirected from watchseries.eu to watchseries.li), and I already published a fix for that, but my guess is that they haven't finished the migration yet

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    not working at all for me at the moment. watch series wont load any source choice menus. no url message bbc iplayer ok.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know, from the website:
    Our new TV shows project will be up on the 15th of January. We had to delete all the links until then unfortunately.

So it's going to be a long Christmas :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seems it's worse that I thought. It redirects to btvguide which doesn't have many suppliers for the videos (the ones that I checked)

I'm open for alternatives.

dshnr

Portal Member
    March 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't know about that, they seem to have a lot of same sources as watch-series, eg. putlocker, vidbux, movreel, sockshare

I've been using tv-links since watch-series deleted their links, works fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom