Watching TV while on the net. (1 Viewer)

Leinad654

March 6, 2007
I've been looking but can't seem to find it. Is there an option to basically make a small window at the bottom of your screen that will stay "always on top" so you can be browsing the net and other things while watching TV?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well the web browser (see thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/web_browser_plugin-t11031.html) has the start with a browser plugin, but did not include in the lower left corner the miniviewer. I heard that some people thought it wasn't needed, then others said there wasn't room (but in a 16:9 skin there would be). But I am like you (I think) that this would be a great enhancment to the web browser plugin to allow what is currently being watched on video (either TV or some other video) to continue while surfing for something that came to mind. Maybe a person wants to check out some statistics for a (place type of team here) team or maybe the wife want to compare a recipe while they are watching Martha Stewart (ok that one is stretching it quite a bit).

It may be that in time this enhancement could make it into MP. When that happens I would think that news should be made available to various publications.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On one of my HTPC's I run MP in windowed mode on the lcd monitor and have the TV setup as secon monitor in clone mode. I use overlay on 2nd display to show tv & vidio full screen on the tv whils i can brows the web, play games, learn to program in C# on the primary monitor. I control MP using the MCE remote whilst doing other things on the forground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom