Watching TV while on the net.

Discussion in 'MyTV - Engine 0.2' started by Leinad654, March 6, 2007.

1. Leinad654

Leinad654 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been looking but can't seem to find it. Is there an option to basically make a small window at the bottom of your screen that will stay "always on top" so you can be browsing the net and other things while watching TV?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mzemina
    • Premium Supporter

mzemina Retired Team Member

Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Well the web browser (see thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/web_browser_plugin-t11031.html) has the start with a browser plugin, but did not include in the lower left corner the miniviewer. I heard that some people thought it wasn't needed, then others said there wasn't room (but in a 16:9 skin there would be). But I am like you (I think) that this would be a great enhancment to the web browser plugin to allow what is currently being watched on video (either TV or some other video) to continue while surfing for something that came to mind. Maybe a person wants to check out some statistics for a (place type of team here) team or maybe the wife want to compare a recipe while they are watching Martha Stewart (ok that one is stretching it quite a bit).

It may be that in time this enhancement could make it into MP. When that happens I would think that news should be made available to various publications.

4. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    Could you not just out MP into windowed mode and move it to the place you want it?

5. guytpetj
    • Premium Supporter

guytpetj MP Donator

Director - Oil and Gas Exploration
    Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    On one of my HTPC's I run MP in windowed mode on the lcd monitor and have the TV setup as secon monitor in clone mode. I use overlay on 2nd display to show tv & vidio full screen on the tv whils i can brows the web, play games, learn to program in C# on the primary monitor. I control MP using the MCE remote whilst doing other things on the forground.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!