weather plugin say Invalid license key (1 Viewer)

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: weather plugin say Invalid license key

Yep our source of weather info has now removed their free API so we are looking at alternatives

just have an idea (maybe stupid - who knkows :D)

if you go on Wetter.de: Wettervorhersage | Wetter Online | Wetterbericht | Klima | Unwetter - wetter.de (german service)
    you can search for the weather forecast global.
    this site is powered by RTL ( a german privat tv-station)

what abouot asking RTL if they provide an API for MePo
    - and for the backpull - MePo shows a small tiny RTL-Logo in the forecast
    (like non-animated-mini-comercial)

wasn't that befor with the weather-channel logo?

just my2ct'S

EDIT:

otherwise i think the google weather API should also "work"
    - couse it is allowed to use for non-comercial and non-puplic
    - on puplic HP's for example forbidden
    so - it is privat use with MePo - non-comercial --- not on any HP ...

UnknownSourc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2009
    Okinawa, Japan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

My vote (as if I had one ^^) goes to Accuweather if their API will work... Wunderground would be my first, but a max of 500 hits a day is a little weak...

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm from a smaller city in New Zealand so having some sort of choice would be a huge advantage. Different providers seem to have varying levels of details for smaller cities.

Also, is this the right thread for updates to this problem? I'm just wondering if there has been a timeframe set for resolving this issue...

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wunderground would be my first, but a max of 500 hits a day is a little weak...

This is my favorit too, I've been so bold to contact Weather Underground, there API can be used for free under circumstances. (for non profit applications)

They told me with some "rules" to follow Mediaportal will be able to use this API for free. (rules are about visabilty of the wunderground logo and website etc,)

http://www.wunderground.com/

Users who are viewing this thread