WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (2 Viewers)

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
January 31, 2009
Berne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hey All

Here's the result of my own tests:
Basis:
1. All tests run on the same day (no extra-shows) with same scope (54 programs/14 days)
2. with Rev. 8 I had an import of 16'058 programs --> GAPS
3. using tvspielfilm.de solely lead yesterday to an import of 21'369 programs
4. many gaps with tvtoday.de

Test 1 - incremental update of existing xmltv file (with gaps)
1. Using the existing xmltv file and incremental update with Rev. 9: import of 21'355 programs (includes partly season/episode info)
2. Gaps erased/filled

Test 2 - new xmltv file from scratch
1. Erasing xmltv file and re-creating from scratch with Rev. 9: import of 21'355 programs (includes full season/episode info - tested with examples)
2. NO gaps

This sounds reliable -I look forward to receiving your observations.
I recommend to use Rev. 9 now - will post this likewise in the forums of webgrabplus.com

Let us know about your experience!

Greetz - Chris

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My system runs webgrab at 20:00, so i will check back again at ~21:00.
    Hey Lightning!
    Do you update your current guide.xmltv file or create a new one from scratch?
    My incremental update was only filling gaps here (as I had Rev. 8 running, I had already episode/season info on the existing entries). Means: If you had Rev. 6 running which left no gaps but didn't have season/episode info it would only add the episode info to NEW entries. Maybe you should "invest" a new guide.xmltv - erase the existing one...

Greetz & thanks - Chris

PS: here's running now the build from scratch after first incremental update run - I'll report when finished

I updated mine. However lots of channels use the update mode smart, so today and tomorrow get everything new. No problems with gaps so far.
    However the episode and season numbers dont seem to work, at least not with mediaportal. Webgrab is getting them, i can see them in the xml, but the xmltv plugin from mediaportal can not work with the format. So they dont get imported in the database. TVService.log shows this:
    Code:
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,986] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 4' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,986] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 7' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,986] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 4' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,991] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 4, Folge 48' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,991] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 4, Folge 49' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,991] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 1, Folge 5' as plain number
    [2013-08-22 20:18:03,991] [Log	] [XmlTvImporter] [INFO ] - XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Staffel 1, Folge 6' as plain number

Im not sure anymore how the episode numbers have to be exactly, Jan explained it to me ages ago in this thread, i will have a look later. But i think the syntax is SEASON-1.EPISODE-1, so for a show with season 5 and episode 10, the episode-num field in the xml should state "4.9" instead of "Staffel 5, Folge 10". Again, not 100% sure, but it was something like this. Limitation of the xmltv plugin in mediaportal.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hy,

i am actually using WebGrab+Plus (V1.1.1/51) with grabbing from tvtoday.de (V1.1.1/51).

There's a revised version of tvtoday.ini in the newest ini package - pls. download from http://webgrabplus.com "current siteini pack" - this also grabs season/episode info.

Hi, thanks for your support!
    I am actually using the newest siteini from the WebGrap+Plus homepage and i got episode infos,
    but episode numbers are not shown inside MediaPortal.
    Inside tvguide.xml there are entry's like this:
    <episode-num system="onscreen">Staffel 3, Folge 56</episode-num>
    But as far is i know, MediaPortal is only able to read episode numbers if they are stored as xmltv_ns format.
    About xmltv_ns format i found this at http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd?view=markup
    "xmltv_ns: ... It is three numbers separated by dots, the first is the series or season, the second the episode number within that series..."
    So i think it should look something like this:
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3.56</episode-num>

Last edited:

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hey Lightning!

Makes sense, what you say. The field, that is filled in, is called episode_num whiche means NUMERIC.
    But earlier versions were also filling into this field.
    The only difference is, that I exchanged the "|" with ","
    I was searching the docs but couldn't find the other field names that contain the "displayed episode", "episode", "season", which exist by definition of xmltv.

So I'm yure, you're right, but I doubt, this worked with earlier version (?)

Thanks for the feedback & Greetz - Chris[DOUBLEPOST=1377204982][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hy,

i am actually using WebGrab+Plus (V1.1.1/51) with grabbing from tvtoday.de (V1.1.1/51).

There's a revised version of tvtoday.ini in the newest ini package - pls. download from http://webgrabplus.com "current siteini pack" - this also grabs season/episode info.

Hi, thanks for your support!
    I am actually using the newest siteini from the WebGrap+Plus homepage and i got episode infos,
    but episode numbers are not shown inside MediaPortal.
    Inside tvguide.xml there are entry's like this:
    <episode-num system="onscreen">Staffel 3, Folge 56</episode-num>
    But as far is i know, MediaPortal is only able to read episode numbers if they are stored as xmltv_ns format.
    About xmltv_ns format i found this at http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd?view=markup
    "xmltv_ns: ... It is three numbers separated by dots, the first is the series or season, the second the episode number within that series..."
    So i think it should look something like this:
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3.56</episode-num>
    Hi zunix, unfortunately I don't use MP, so let's try to find out together the field's names to fill! Can you help me diggin' into this?
    Would be great if we get this great grabber to run properly - for all users - MP & others[DOUBLEPOST=1377205356][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you both tell me the format, an information like "season 3, episode 108" (absolute numbering, which is default in tvtoday) should look like?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks @zunixnuz.

@Christoph21x
    The link actually explains it.

xmltv_ns: This is intended to be a general way to number episodes and
    parts of multi-part episodes. It is three numbers separated by dots,
    the first is the series or season, the second the episode number
    within that series, and the third the part number, if the programme is
    part of a two-parter. All these numbers are indexed from zero, and
    they can be given in the form 'X/Y' to show series X out of Y series
    made, or episode X out of Y episodes in this series, or part X of a
    Y-part episode. If any of these aren't known they can be omitted.
    You can put spaces whereever you like to make things easier to read.

So the syntax for episode-num in xmltv-ns would be:

[Season Number] / [All Seasons] . [Episode Number] / [All Episodes] . [Part Number] / [All Parts]

The text also states that it starts to count from 0, so you would have to decrease the numbers by one.

For your example "season 3, episode 108", the correct form would be "2.107".

Hope that helps.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you both tell me the format, an information like "season 3, episode 108" (absolute numbering, which is default in tvtoday) should look like?
    Hi Christoph21x,
    i think it should look like this
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3.108</episode-num>

I think normally these values should be "-1" for xmltv_ns standard
    but in my opinion this does not make sense for MediaPortal, because this values will be shown in EPG
    and "3.108" is more logical for human reading than "2.107" (or does MediaPortal do a "+1", maybe somebody knows this exactly?).

Thanks again!

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, so in summary the section in tvguide.xml needs an additional episode xmltv_ns line for supporting both episode numbering system standards
    and should look like this:
    <episode-num system="onscreen">Staffel 3, Folge 108</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.107</episode-num>

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks guys for the information - I'll do my best to implement it! Will take a bit of a time, hope I can launch a first try before Lightning's 20:00 slot ;)

Greetz & read you! Chris

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Dear both!
    This will probably take a bit longer... quite complex (at least: to me :) )
    But pls stay tuned, I need your tests...
    Greetz - Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom