WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    GaryM,

could you upload the actual tvguide.com.ColoradoSprings.ini and WebGrab++.config.xml files you are using so I can take a look. Also are there any errors in the WebGrab++.log.txt file. For the ".ini" file you need to make a copy and rename it a .txt file so you can upload the file. I used the svid (20424.268435456) and generated a tvguide.com.ColoradoSprings.channels.xml that has about 20+ channels.

Not sure where you are getting into trouble but I'll try to help. I'd like to understand where you are having trouble so we can improve the setup guide.

and I see WG++Maker replied, I was using rev 48 and did try rev 49.

Last edited:

GaryM

May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Rev 48 fixed the problem - thanks!

As far as feedback on the setup guide - the detailed steps were pretty easy to follow. I'm just starting to use MediaPortal and WebGrab++, so it took me a little while to figure out 'why am I doing this?'. I think I understand the big-picture now (the guide is based off of an xml file, one of the ways to get an xml guide file is through a grabber, and to get a location-specific xml file you have to modify the grabber files.) Maybe the instructions state something similar to this, but it took a little while before I understood it.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!

I tried this grabber today the first time and it works really nice! Took a while to setup my channels but now it is working.
    However the process seems to get stuck sometimes in the post processing, see my attached screenshot. Is there anything I need to configure so that it finally continues or ends?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-13 um 01.55.20.png
      Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-13 um 01.55.20.png
      25.7 KB

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    New Show Indicator??

MC2XML has an option to add a * at the end of a title to indicate the show is new and not a rerun.
    So instead of:

Revolution

you get

Revolution *

This works great since I can have MediaPortal record only new episodes. Is there something similiar with Webgrab+?
    I'm using TVGuide.com for Los Angeles.[DOUBLEPOST=1370285077][/DOUBLEPOST]Title Names for Sports?

WIth WebGrab+ most sports events have the matchup in the title. In other words what would appear as:
    MLB Baseball with mc2xml.

Now appears as:

Code:
    MLB Baseball:Diamond Backs at Dodgers
    MLB Baseball:Padres at Dodgers

The problem is that now I have to record each game individually. The way I had it before I would just have it record MLB Baseball and it
    would record all the games. Now since the title changes for each game this is impossible. Is there some type of workaround for this issue?

Before I forget. I have this issue with most sports including Futbol. SInce now it appears as Futbol:Espana vs Uruguay, Futbol:Mexico vs. Italia, etc..

Using TVGuide.com for Los Angeles.

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I got my answers from the official forum:

New Show Indicator?? MC2XML has an option to add a * at the end of a title to indicate the show is new and not a rerun. So instead of: Revolution you get Revolution * This works great since I can have MediaPortal record only new episodes. Is there something similiar with Webgrab+? I'm using TVGuide.com for Los Angeles.

It is simple to add a * . But we have to find the (new) and (repeat) data on the site. That seems well hidden in a binary value.
    We will report back as soon as we have solved it.

Jan (and Francis)

Title Names for Sports? WIth WebGrab+ most sports events have the matchup in the title. In other words what would appear as: MLB Baseball with mc2xml. Now appears as: Code (text): MLB Baseball:Diamond Backs at Dodgers MLB Baseball:padres at Dodgers The problem is that now I have to record each game individually. The way I had it before I would just have it record MLB Baseball and it would record all the games. Now since the title changes for each game this is impossible. Is there some type of workaround for this issue? Before I forget. I have this issue with most sports including Futbol. SInce now it appears as Futbol:Espana vs Uruguay, Futbol:Mexico vs. Italia, etc.. Using TVGuide.com for Los Angeles.
    Hi,
    the easiest way is to change the title scrub in the tvguide ini you use.
    Locate:
    title.scrub {single(debug separator="\t" include=2)||||<div style=}
    change that into :
    title.scrub {single(debug separator="\t"":" include=2)||||<div style=}
    (just add ":" after "\t")

Jan

Last edited:

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hey guys,

I have been trying to get Webgrab working for over a month now (although admittedly I haven't had much time to actually work on it!)... anyways - I'm trying to get FTA and Foxtel guide data from yourtv.com.au but I simply can't get the cookie to load... :(

I've followed the instructions on the webgrab site and tried exporting my cookie from Chrome, IE and Firefox but can't get any of them to work :( (I've also tried using build 49 and beta 50).

I'd be forever indebted if anyone could share some light on the process they used to get this working - particularly if you're using yourtv.com.au.

Thanks in advance.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Just in case anyone else hits the issue I had it turns out that the yourtv cookie has a timeout in the year 10,000 and webgrab wasn't allowing for that (yes; it was a Y10K bug!). Anyway with the great assistance on the programs creator Jan I have a pre-build of version 50 that allows for this...

I'm onto my next issue now; the siteini file for yourtv doesn't include all of the Foxtel channels - but the yourtv site does have the data, so I'm trying to figure out how to add sites to the siteini file - has anyone done this at all? (I thought it might be a simple as to guess the channel name and create a "channel" entry but this doesn't seem to work... any thoughts? (Figured it out - I just wasn't guessing the right channel names).

Last edited:

Macavity

Portal Member
    March 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am trying to get episode import errors sorted. The output of tvguide.co.uk.xmltv_ns.ini gives
    Code:
    <episode-num>Season 9/Episode 7 of 12</episode-num>
    tv.log is giving me
    Code:
    2013-06-19 14:55:09.957915 [XmlTvImporter(23)]: XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'Season9/Episode7of12' as episode/episodes
    which I kind of understand because it is expecting the "number dot number dot" format. The parsing code seems to be at the bottom of the tvguide.co.uk.xmltv_ns.ini file but it doesn't seems to be working and I don't have the expertise to try to modify it. My channel lines look like this
    Code:
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk.xmltv_ns" site_id="387" xmltv_id="BBC HD">BBC HD</channel>
    so I think it should be calling the .ini file.
    Can anyone help?

SOLVED - I think it was due to a mismatch of ini files, I downloaded it again today and clear all the ini files which came with the main program before I copied over the ones from the siteini pack. May I suggest that you removed all the ini files that are bundled with the exe and force your users to download the latest version of their choice separately.

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    ok testing this out for the first time so go easy on me please lol

main aim is episode/series information so i can skip duplicate recordings easier as currently my episode and series number is just not in the database at all having looked in the database using heidisql.

so i created a config file and used the latest siteini file, did a grab and in the episode i get the following in the guide xml file created.

Code:
      <programme start="20130621223000 +0100" stop="20130621230000 +0100" channel="BBC THREE">
    	<title lang="en">EastEnders</title>
    	<desc lang="en">Tanya and Max put their faith in Lauren when she is invited to dinner by Peter, but their date soon takes a turn for the worse when Lucy puts her plan into action(n)</desc>
    	<category lang="en">Entertainment</category>
    	<category lang="en">Soaps</category>
    	<episode-num system="onscreen">E4661PPP</episode-num>

but i still get no episode numbers in my mysql tables.

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      53.2 KB

Macavity

Portal Member
    March 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I was of the impression that MP only supports xmltv_ns format as in:
    Code:
      <programme start="20130622121500 +0100" stop="20130622130000 +0100" channel="BBC1 HD">
    	<title lang="en">Bargain Hunt</title>
    	<sub-title lang="en">Season 31/Episode 3 of 32 Australia 2</sub-title>
    	<desc lang="en">Paul Laidlaw and David Barby help two teams hunting for bargains at Australia's oldest and largest antiques centre in Sydney. Meanwhile, Tim Wonnacott heads to the city's Mitchell Library to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of its vast collection of Australiana</desc>
    	<credits>
    	  <director>Victoria Webb</director>
    	  <actor>Tim Wonnacott</actor>
    	  <producer>Nick Woodroffe</producer>
    	</credits>
    	<category lang="en">General Education</category>
    	<category lang="en">Science</category>
    	<category lang="en">Factual Topics</category>
    	<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">30.2/32.</episode-num>
    so I am not sure how you would get that into the MP database without making a xmltv_ns version of it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom