Webmediaportal HTTP Live Streaming problem (1 Viewer)

ernsti

Portal Member
April 15, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello,
My Webmediaportal with VLC-player is OK. But i want to use "HTTP Live Streaming".
How can I do that?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Regards
Ernst

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As far as i know you can't use http live streaming on a windows machine unless ya use safari. If you are using a different operating system ya can change it to that under the settings or underneath the video that is current playing. @Oxan or one of the other developers can correct me if I stand corrected.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HTTP Live Streaming is only supported open iOS / Android / Mac OS X. If you use one of these operating systems, it should show up in the profile dropdowns.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know, I haven't looked into that. Is there a specification of what the SMARTV supports available somewhere?

ernsti

Portal Member
    April 15, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    On SMARTV VLC-Plugin ist not supported. So I hoped I can use Direct play.
    Thank you for support.

Regards
    Ernst

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm pretty sure Direct isn't going to work due to limited codec support. Anyway, I expect that WebMP doesn't support any way to stream to SMARTV curently, and will need some customization to get that working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, you can try the new installer from this post if you like.
    Hi, you can try the new installer from this post if you like.
    Hello, I came from MediaPortal 1.30 and wanted to Update on 1.32 x64 Edition. I cleanly uninstalled 1.30 first and then installed...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom