Where can I download the latest SVN? (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was able to build the SVN, but it doesn't seem to work.

I just get exceptions when trying to configure and it doesnt work inside MePo.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make sure the postbuild action is executed successfully and copying to the correct folder (and on vista that you run Visual Studio as Administartor).

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    I am using vista and running as admin, I am not sure if the postbuild actions are being completed tho.

I tried to see several times, but I am not sure if it is or not.

it does create 3 files, the dll, the pdb, and the XMLSerializer.dll
    However, I don't see any console windows or anything after the build, it just says it is successful..

How can I be sure the post build is happening?

Thanks a lot!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can see it in the build log. The postbuild is ILmerge where the XMLSerializer.dll is merged into the main dll. this must happen otherwise the plugin won't work.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    You can see it in the build log. The postbuild is ILmerge where the XMLSerializer.dll is merged into the main dll. this must happen otherwise the plugin won't work.

Okay, I got the compile to work (I had to hard-code the directory in for MePo into the Post Build because for some reason it wasn't liking the %PROGRAMFILES% macro.

Sadly, there are still problems with some videos and missing 't' variables.

HOWEVER!

I think I have finally pinpointed the problem!!!

The videos that are not working contain a '=' in the t variable.

I think the plugin is parsing the variable wrong because of it, the '=' in the link should be turned into '%3D'.

I tried on several videos that are known not to work, all of them had an '=' in the t variable which seems to make it come up blank when the plugin tries to process it.

Could you add something to the plugin to make sure that if a '=' is included in the t variable, it is changed to '%3D'

Example:

Code:
    http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=PgLAeZPgOac&t=&ext=.flv

This is what the plugin is trying to play, it is an incorrect URL so the playback fails.

Code:
    http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=PgLAeZPgOac&t=vjVQa1PpcFP5FNn5q5neTn3V7xB02-Ea4ig0IztKooo=&ext=.flv

This is the actual URL needed, however, the t variable has '=' in the code, so this must be changed.

Code:
    http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=PgLAeZPgOac&t=vjVQa1PpcFP5FNn5q5neTn3V7xB02-Ea4ig0IztKooo%3D&ext=.flv

This is the way the URL should be presented to the plugin for play, notice how the '=' has been changed into %3D to pass the '=' symbol correctly in the URL.

Doing this I'm sure will FIX this youtube problem for good.

Thanks so much offbyone, your help and support (along with hioctane) are impressive and very much appreciated.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your debugging!

Can you give me an example video where I can test this? All the videos I found already had the = escaped as %3D at the end of the token (t parameter).

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    the video listed above is an example.

You can go to the plugin, go to the youtube section, and search for "Scatman" inside the plugin

this will bring up a lot of videos by Scatman John. (notice the thumbs are generated correctly)
    For some reason, a lot of these videos do not work. (some do work tho, especially the fan-made ones)

Several of these videos have this problem, and so far, every video I checked that DOES NOT work has contained an '=' in the URL inside the t argument.

When going to youtube the video works fine and the t variable is escaped correctly with the URL syntax.
    Inside the plugin, videos which have this character seem to simply skip the t variable and the url fed to the player has a blank t variable.

Do that search and try some of the videos and see if your results are the same.

Lots of videos do this, I just use Scatman to test because I already know they are 'problem' videos

I'm not sure exactly how the video parses the URL, my guess is that it sees the '=' and expects a token to be preceding it, when it is actually a part of the t token.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if we get the same result, but I can play almost all of them. Only the first failed. There is not t= param set, because the token could not be retreived. There is an error when getting the video details from youtube:

Embedding disabled by request.

You can google that and will find that this is a known feature by youtube. I thought I had that cracked already, but it seems they changed where the token hides, so I just commited a change, that hopefully fixed your problem ;)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    You are amazing!
    The videos now work.

I wonder if the '=' was a coincidence, or if it is placed in the token as part of the 'no embed' rule.
    I tried 5 videos known not to work by me and so far everything works flawless.

Once again, you rock!

THANK YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread