Which button to skip through mp3s? (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Having big BASS/audio buffers might make the skipping seem not to work (at least I would guess that BASS plays the buffer completely before skipping when asked. If such is the case there is some room for improvement in MP or BASS :p).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One thing I have noticed is that in Music, using skip steps, player conditions for forwarding rewinding don't work. Is there any condition I can use for skipping forward or backward? I am using play indicators (like in Monochrome skin) that show if the player is forwarding or rewinding and they work perfectly for video, but only play and pause work for music.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you hit F5/F6 for music/bass player there is no screen overlay that comes up to tell you that you are skipping. I think this is normal behaviour for MP.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yeah, in music we're not moving forward with different speeds, like you do in Video.
    We use Skip Steps as defined in the general section. So hitting F6 once skips e.g. 30 secs, hitting it twice, skips 1 min (depending on your setup of course)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks, hwahramann. I guess skip is so fast there is not much point in displaying a status icon! I am assuming you cannnot skip or ff/rew in streaming audio - Radio (web stations) or Radiotime plugin? All I seem to be able to do is pause the stream.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you should be able to skip backwards (F5), you can not ffwd past the live point (that would require a time travel machine), however if you pause wait for 10 mins hit play you can then use skip fwd (F6)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, I tried leaving it for 10+ minutes on pause, but F5 and F6 still don't do anything. I am not using built in radio, but streaming radio which I set up using playlists to access web streams. I am guessing MP doesn't buffer enough when streaming to enable skip steps, unless I need to make a setting somewhere!

What - MP can't time travel? LOL it can do almost everything else! :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't have any personal experience with streaming internet radio station.

However I do know that tvserver is responsible for the time buffer.
    Did you setup your internet radio station in the tvserver radio configuration?
    If not, then perhaps if you setup the internet radio via the tvserver configuration then you may be able to timeshift streaming internet radio.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes, for streamis we're not buffering enough.
    but talkinbg about localy stored music, this will work

Users who are viewing this thread