why following movie sites aren't supported? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwenco

Portal Member
March 2, 2010
is there a reason why popular movie sites like
kino - to
movie2k * com
aren't supported? I was wondering now because tvgorge support was added very fast and it's somehow as legal as the mentioned movie sites.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    is there a reason why popular movie sites like
    kino - to
    movie2k * com
    aren't supported? I was wondering now because tvgorge support was added very fast and it's somehow as legal as the mentioned movie sites.

kino(dot)to is German only (well, 98% is anyways).
    movie2k.com doesn't host their movies themselves and the quality is...crap.

Personally I don't see why they should be in the list?

lwenco

Portal Member
    March 2, 2010
    ok, you are right. the quality is crap on every flash movie hoster site. but I think that adding this to MP-onlinevideos would MP generally bring more users. As far as I know all other mediacenter softwares already have such plugins.

For me personally it's not worth because of the quality, but maybe for others. I was just confused because all the series hosters got included and most of them don't offer a better quality than the movie hosters.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Easy, they are sites that host illegal content!
    If you want them in OnlineVideos you will have to write your own util or find regexes.

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    kino_to support?

Hey,

I already read a statement of offbyone in this thread to kino_to.
    But kino_to is not hosting illegal content. It is just linking to Webstreamservers that are hosting Videos. It depends on the country law which of these contents are illegal. kino_to anyway is not illegal. even in germany it is a legal limbo and would require a judicial decision to call it illegal.

here is a german statement:
    Ist diese Seite illegal?
    kino_to ist nicht illegal, kino_to hostet keine eigenen Streams sondern verlinkt nur embeded Codes. Die Rechtslage ist je nach Land verschieden. Daher kann das anschauen von Videostreams in Ihrem Land je nach Stream illegal sein. Das betreten und nutzen der Seite kino_to selber ist nicht illegal. In der Schweiz ist das anschauen von OnlineStreams legal.

kino_to is a big site, that is used by many german-speaking people. what reasons would there be not to add it?
    thank you for your attention

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I moved your post here, because
    a) why crosspost into another thread, if you have already seen this one?
    b) No more discussion about sites that host OR provide links to illegal content in this forum!

You can add support for this site by yourself if you need it - it's an open community project. It will not come officialy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread