why not windows 8 (1 Viewer)

wolfe

April 16, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
why the client cannot installed on w8, w8 seems internal the same like w7.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update:
    1.3 MP 2 can be installed on Win 8 - no Problems.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are inside MP2 part of forum ;)

@wolfe: MP2 should install and run on Win8 without issues. There were already threads about this topic. If it fails for you, please provide more details, logs and screenshots.

wolfe

April 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i downloaded from the link in the blog ( hurra, mp2 isready). i tried to install, the installer replies, no,no not for this os.
    i see now, there are differnet versions.
    thats in the blog MP2-Setup-Alpha-Release.msi
    thats on the website MP2-Setup_Winter_Release.msi, seems this installer works

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thats on the website MP2-Setup_Winter_Release.msi, seems this installer works
    Windows 8 is added as supported OS some time ago.
    The Winter Release is the recent version and a lot newer than the MP2-Setup-Alpha-Release.msi. ATM the devs are working on the Spring release (maybe Alpha2 or an early Beta).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

All sorted now with images attached as above. The problem attaching the images was the dugh brain user as well as the image size being too big
    All sorted now with images attached as above. The problem attaching the images was the dugh brain user as well as the image size...
    I have just updated my mobo and installed Win 10. I then imported all my old settings that were working ok on my old Win 7 system...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] EPG windows DE
    So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for up and down keys. And it's Work! Really big thanks to you and the team that give this great mediacenter. Cheers ;)
    So, with your tips I've deep looking on the config program. And I've found the mapping for HID device. I've make the key config for...
    Hello, How to scroll the line in the epg windows with titan extended skin? I see the firts 11 channel lines but I cannot get the...
    Replies
    Views
    Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
    Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
    My mini computer HTPC was doing a fine job running mediaportal, but the internal fan is starting to get very loud. I'd like to...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom