Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (1 Viewer)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    with intel cpu, microsoft will provide you some updates... but not with amd cpu because KB4056892 makes problems on restart
    Thanks for that, my CPU is an Athlon which is one that had problems with the update, so that explains it. Thanks again

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Latest insider version has fix but seems to be Intel only :p

Guys who has the blackscreen related to intel and other GPU can try the newet madVR build from the first post (EVR and madVR should works)
    Thanks. :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys :p
    We need you to test the latest version from here : [WiP] - madVR support in MP1 :)
    It's the V443 build, it look promising because seems more stable for madVR but need regression testing also against madVR/EVR too for the blackscreen issue (resume / start / stop / Receiver/TV ON/OFF)
    Thanks.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, tested build 443. Black screen after resume is back. (I've reverted to 422 now).
    Logs attached (run MP, put PC to sleep, wake PC up, black screen, had to close MP with Alt+F4)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_15_01_18__21_15.zip
      624.4 KB

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    @Sebastiii - sorry to go off-topic, but since reinstalling 422 MP says it can't connect to the TVServer. The MPConfig can connect to it, but on save settings it fails with "Unable to open gentle.config, root element is missing"
    Any ideas?

EDIT: Don't worry, config file was corrupt - copied it from a backup and it's OK again

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @RobNorthcott did you check the new option ? (the FCU workaround is disable by default :p)

I have added a screenshot in first madVR forum thread : (look at the last option : Use workaround FCU ....)
    You need to enable it otherwise, it will not be used :)
    Can you retry ?
    Thanks.
    upload_2018-1-16_7-59-7.png

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    @RobNorthcott did you check the new option ? (the FCU workaround is disable by default :p)
    Ah, no - I missed that. Sorry, I didn't have much time yesterday so I just installed it and ran it, then put it back how it was before people wanted to use it. I didn't notice there was a new option.
    I will try it again, but it will have to wait until tomorrow or Friday now.

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France

I have added a screenshot in first madVR forum thread : (look at the last option : Use workaround FCU ....)
    You need to enable it otherwise, it will not be used :)
    Can you retry ?
    Thanks.
    View attachment 195453
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Build V433 Installed and tested. The black screen issue is back.
    But, one time, on resume from standby, this is not the front end of Mediaportal that displayed but the Deskop of Windows...
    No logs, ...next time.

@Sebastiii: One question about the black screen issue (I'm not a programmer).
    Before to use your solution, I pressed twice the "mute button" on my keyboard (mute on, mute off, windows sound) and the the black screen disappeared.
    it was not easier to program? (no flickering screen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom