Windows Server 2008 and IR (1 Viewer)

lyallo

April 7, 2008
Home Country
England England
I installed SP1 on my Windows Vista system and borrowed the following drivers and .inf files:
circlass.inf
circlass.sys
CIRCoInst.dll
hidclass.sys
hidir.sys
hidparse.sys
usbcir.inf
usbcir.sys

I changed the .inf file and installed the drivers, after that the system recognized the eHome IR Receiver (I am happy).

Thanks guys.

Werfman,

I'm attempting to do this on a 32-Bit version of Windows Server 2008, i've taken the files you listed from a Vista 32-Bit installation with SP1. When i try to load this driver i get an error stating that the folder "doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device", you mentioned changing the .inf file - can you please explain what should be changed?

Thanks in advance.

Lyall

werfman

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
I changed all the words NTamd64...1 by NTamd64 after the change both drivers can be loaded.
I think the NTamd64...1 means that it is a MCE compatible OS.

Let me know if it works.

lyallo

April 7, 2008
Home Country
England England
Yep werfman that works great!

Also Crokie's link contains a link to the drivers, follow his instructions to get it working, at step 5 (installing unknown device that is detected) i had to force the driver by going to "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" when installing the driver and loading input.inf (hit "have disk") from the HIDClass\circlass\irdevice folder.

It then proceeded to install a whole bunch of other IR related devices and now all is working.

Thanks again :)

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any idea if this method would work with Server 2003 x64? I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get my ehome IR transceiver to work, and my TV Server can't change channels on the STB until I figure it out. I don't want to go back to 32-bit, since the 64-bit version works MUCH better with processor throttling in TV Server.

Next question is - where do I get the Vista x64 drivers? Can I get them from the install disk, or do I need a running Vista system?

Thanks-
Jason

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm still in the process of setting up my new Vista x64 (Business Edition :() laptop for development, I'll be facing the same problem some time this week. I'll let you know what I come up with. I expect you could probably extract the required files from an install CD or SP1 ... but I'll let you know when I figure it out myself.

Cheers,

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Doesn't work for me

I copy the files from Vista Ultimate x64 SP1.
    Windows 2008 x64 recognize eHome IR receiver and install it automatically as soon as I gave him the path.
    The Problem is after installation, I get 2 devices that are not working: :(
    - eHome IR receiver
    - Consumer IR Devices

both with error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)

Any idea how to solve that :confused:

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    turns out I didn't have any trouble connecting the mce remote to my Vista x64 Business laptop.

I'll see if I can find a win2008 VPC image at work and test it out for you.

Now that I've got a 64bit rig I will try to find some time to get the replacement driver working on x64... But I can't make any promises on that.

Cheers,

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I got it working...

the problem was that the Driver were not Digitally signed and that DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS option is not working in 2k8 (also not in Vista SP1)

So I use "Ready Driver Plus" to disable driver signing permanently.
    It's also possible to self sign the Drivers, maybe I will do it later if I have time. :p

For all interested people, here is the Windows Server 2k8 x64 driver package, and here Ready Driver Plus

Have fun ;)

icerg

Portal Member
    March 20, 2009
    Liverpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same issue with xp64 not recognising the ehome drivers, i have mediaportal running ok but not the remote. The above fix doesnt seem to work as ready driver plus wont install on x64, has anyone got this fix running ok on xp64?

Users who are viewing this thread