Please release an update (2 Viewers)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,
    I still want to be a tester, however, in the test mode instruction you stated to use the Default skin. Does this mean that 6.0.3. will only work in that skin. I am using MP 1.8 Pre. with Titanius skin, so will it work with these version.

Thanks in advance for a reply
    Hi Calsi,
    you can of course use whatever skin you like - Titanius will probably work, if you intalled the Titan extended package (as this includes the MF skins required). However, issues should always be tested with Default skins, as those are maintained inside the MyFilms project and this makes sure, issues can be reproduced, especially if they are skin related.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Just to be sure, is V6.0.3.2979 still the latest test release available and can this be used both with MP 1.6 and 1.7?

I will remember Dadeo's comment about only to open MyFilms Config via MP Config.
    iirc, yes, but please @Dadeo can you confirm?
    Latest test version should have the config crash solved already (was a .Net4 incompatibility, the crash corrupted the config file ...)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    iirc, yes, but please @Dadeo can you confirm?

Yes I tested build 2979 with both MP 1.6 and 1.7 successfully. However it does not support grabbing due to the changes in the grabber engine.

I am using 2952 on MP 1.7 - It's not so bad just opening config via MP Config like most other plugins. The tricky part is that MyFilms installer auto opens config at the end of install and corrupts your MyFilms.xml config :( and if you save your Config/DB at that point it can also corrupt your XML database
    :eek:.

Last edited:

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for your answers Guzzi and Dadeo, I will remember to make a backup of the xml database and Myfilms.xml config. Is it totally unimpossible to get the r2981, it would be nice with a working TMDB v3 fanart loader :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OOPS! I got confused which build you were talking about Harald63 - my comments refer to build 2952 (which I am using) because 2979 does not support grabbing due to the grabber engine changes (which will be awesome!). So I updated my post so no one else gets confused. Sorry about that!

The issue with plugin loader/.net compatibility is fixed in 2979 but you can't add/update movies. :( And that would still be the case in build 2981 until Guzzi has time to finish the grabber engine rework and update all the grabbers to the new format, and we get time to test them all (with the 100s of features they support - groan :))

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I've just updated MyFilms to build 2952 and MP from 1.5 to 1.7. It seems, that if you update the MyFilms plugin before you update MP, it doesn't corrupt your MyFilms.xml config, because at that point it can't auto open the MyFilms setup/config at the end of the installation. Everything seems okay for now. :)

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi Guzzi,
    Its me again, The only download I could find was 6.0.3. 2921 and installation was aborted citing a dependency error. See attached Jpeg. So Where can I find builds 2952 and/or 2979 or whatever is the latest build. I'm using MP 1.8 Pre and Titanius skin. Hope you can help me as I wish to test My Films

Attachments

• Dependency Check.jpg
      Dependency Check.jpg
      190.1 KB

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    MP1.6/7/8 compatible version is almost ready ... hope it'll be public within the next days.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    WOW GUZZI,
    This is great news, I certainly didn't see that bombshell response coming. I guess all of the dye in the wool supporters of My Films will break out the champagne . I 'm sure that MediaPortal will be releasing MP 1.8 very soon and we're also hoping that Powermarcel10 will have his Titanius skin updated for these major realeases.

Thanks Guzzi we appreciate your hard work for this great plugin and hopfully we can dump Moving Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread