Feature Requests (14 Viewers)

Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into MediaPortal 2, we created this new section in the forum. Feel free to submit your ideas! In order to be able to discuss each feature, post only one feature request per thread.
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Hi everyone, As we're making progress in the development of MP2, and we can see many ideas for features to include into...
Replies
Views
Hi Spragleknas, First, I'll try to explain how MP2 works for now : it's a king of remembered settings, IE if the last video played was with Norvegian audio track and English subtrack, the player will try to apply the same parameters to the next video, and apply the default video settings if it can't. In my opinion, it brokes too...
Hi Spragleknas, First, I'll try to explain how MP2 works for now : it's a king of remembered settings, IE if the last video...
Come to think of language settings that, IMO, should be though of for MP2 (perhaps even MP1?). There are two language specific...
Replies
Views
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
I was kind of expecting that ;) My (industry) credo is that a 90% solution now is better than 100% sometimes in the future.
Hi, please include an 'Eject' command for CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc media in MP2. There needs to be a command at least accessible via...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [WiP] [MP2-795] Radio Menu Entry (2 Viewers) DE
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
The radio button is already implemented and might be ready for next release.
Hello. I am missing a Radio Menu Entry - Radio is now running under TV - but not so comfortable.
Replies
Views
Jira ticket created. What we need now is a statement of a dev :)
Jira ticket created. What we need now is a statement of a dev :)
The current series view sequence is Series -> Seasons -> Episodes However, there are series that have only one season (e.g. Band...
Replies
Views
If collection view/filter is chosen, movies that don't belong to a collection are not shown. Can we change that or add a view/filter to show them next to the collections (as it can be done in MePo1s video plugin IIRC)? Edit: Sorry did not see this rather old thread. But maybe devs are now reminded of this issue again ... :whistle:
If collection view/filter is chosen, movies that don't belong to a collection are not shown. Can we change that or add a...
Hello, MP 2.1 now allows me to nicely display all movies as discrete entries or show collections. Is there a way to combine both...
Replies
Views
Install_01 replacement screenshot Also added screenshot if you click the Quit Button
Install_01 replacement screenshot Also added screenshot if you click the Quit Button
Will the double licence agreement issue be fixed at some point?
Replies
Views
Technically a different problem, but practically the same thing, you have no warning if the buffering disk is full (or you have a wrong setting, say D:\Timeshift instead of E:\Timeshift, where D: is a CDrom ). That can lead to more than an headache even for no so newbie users
Technically a different problem, but practically the same thing, you have no warning if the buffering disk is full (or you have a...
Currently if you try to play a channel and there is no tuner available nothing happens. Perhaps a warning that no tuner is...
Replies
Views
The empty menu is another thing, which I need to capture in Jira... :) What I am actually asking is a possibility to change the view for News (and maybe other plugins) for which view is fixed to Raster by default. I'll open a Jira for this as feature request. EDIT: MP2-569 Implementation of flexible views for News (and other...
The empty menu is another thing, which I need to capture in Jira... :) What I am actually asking is a possibility to change the...
News are displayed as raster view by default. There is no other view available and when you open the respective menu (bottom right)...
Replies
Views
It's in Jira: MP2-171 I will at some point start to understand the WiX installer. Not being a dev things are slightly more difficult for me than they would be for Morpheus :barefoot:
It's in Jira: MP2-171 I will at some point start to understand the WiX installer. Not being a dev things are slightly more...
I came across this while looking for something else. I remember having uninstalled MP2 there were files left behind I had to go...
Replies
Views
Calling the SkyApp via AppLauncher is starting the app. However, MP2 stays in front and the app is not immediately usable AppLauncher's window size instructions (min, normal, max) are ignored Arguments are obviously not usable. The app will accept auto-Login if once entered manually. Controlling the app requires a mouse and...
Calling the SkyApp via AppLauncher is starting the app. However, MP2 stays in front and the app is not immediately usable...
Hi, I am refering to this thread and post: [Rejected] - Support for SkyGo (Germany) As MP2 is a pure Windows solution would it be...
Replies
Views
Hi. As I'm a heavy user of What's App and I most of the time are using the Web-Browser version I would love to have a plugin that informs me when a new message arrives and, if possible, let me read it directly inside MP2. Can such a plugin be done and, if yes, is there someone who may have an eye on it?
Hi. As I'm a heavy user of What's App and I most of the time are using the Web-Browser version I would love to have a plugin that...
Hi. As I'm a heavy user of What's App and I most of the time are using the Web-Browser version I would love to have a plugin that...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Web Configuration (1 Viewer) DE
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider it in the web version in future!
Ok, I understand that of course. If I could help with coding I’d do, but my skills are basically zero :( Would be great to consider...
Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Rejected] Videotext (2 Viewers) DE
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus), it is the only way of getting correct information about the tv program and correct start and end times. The feature is an absolute standard in every mediaportal (including Mediaportal 1). When it will be...
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus)...
Hi, I am missing the videotext feature. In these times, when the tv program is changed very often (because of the corona virus)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video replay speed (1 Viewer) DE
I've no idea if it's possible to borrow code from VLC but it has a Playback Speed feature - you can play at (eg) 110% of normal speed or 90% and I think this would be really useful in MediaPortal.
I've no idea if it's possible to borrow code from VLC but it has a Playback Speed feature - you can play at (eg) 110% of normal...
MediaPortal with the WMC skin is a fine replacement for MS WMC except that we do miss not being able to play videos speeded up (not...
Replies
Views
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2 has improved considerably in other respects the lack of Madvr integration and or an option to use an external player leaves a big hole. I'm not just talking about commercial players, if we had an external...
Sorry to keep banging on about this but here we are 3.5 years later and MP2 is still not capable of playing BD3D:mad:. Whilst MP2...
MP2 is looking more and more impressive but there is one area where it seems to fall down and I have not been able to determine...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure how difficult it is to convert a full windows application to an app or if this is even possible, but it would be great to have a universal windows platform app. I'm primarily interested in an Xbox One app. Since WP is on Windows, I assume that would be a lot easier than writing an app for Amazon Fire or Roku.
I'm not sure how difficult it is to convert a full windows application to an app or if this is even possible, but it would be great...
I'm not sure how difficult it is to convert a full windows application to an app or if this is even possible, but it would be great...
Replies
Views
Personally I think maybe it would help for you to try to learn more about what "this" is. For example, here in New Zealand people have been able to watch "on demand" shows on phones and tablets for some time. Each broadcaster has had their own website. You search for the program you want by name. Some programs are not available. For...
Personally I think maybe it would help for you to try to learn more about what "this" is. For example, here in New Zealand people...
DVB-C has this as does IPTV. In my case, it's IPTV. Providers in Slovenia manage IPTV through UDP and timeshifting through RTSP...
Replies
Views
Hi. ! is easily possible right now. 2-4 are often asked for (including myself) but those features needs some basic technologies to be developed first. This definitely will come, but I can't tell you when.
Hi. ! is easily possible right now. 2-4 are often asked for (including myself) but those features needs some basic technologies to...
It would be SUPER and practical ... 1) if the TV series would be organized with 'folders' for each year (and not all episodes were...
Replies
Views
Ok, gotcha :) Yep, I agree, but here we end in another new feature independent from the "Resume"-feature: Current behaviour: There is only a, let's call it: "Open"-Command within the media plugin. In case you are selecting a folder it opens the folder. In case you are selecting a media item it opens starts the media item playback...
Ok, gotcha :) Yep, I agree, but here we end in another new feature independent from the "Resume"-feature: Current behaviour...
Once again an extension of an idea (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/resumable-playlist.117277/) : For every serie and...
Replies
Views
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe everyone already have talked about this idea, but if not I have a suggestion. If you already have this and better ideas, just ignore this post :) I imagine that maybe a easier implementation is to make a...
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
Hi! I saw that the function to find trailers for movies (and TV Series, but maybe that is not used that much?) is missing. Maybe...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Trailers for MP2 DE
Bump. ;-P
Bump. ;-P
Well done guys. Is there any update on the implementation of trailers? Currently i use mepo 1 and any movies that are added...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tooltips, please DE
That was a general reaction after I closed the wiki and got an adult beverage. I will have to go back and look again. What I'm looking for in particular is a tooltip that indicates that a certain screen element is clickable and hints as to what it does. I've gotten click-happy trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I...
That was a general reaction after I closed the wiki and got an adult beverage. I will have to go back and look again. What I'm...
I find that things I think are buttons have no effect when clicked and the buttons I recognize have 'tech' titles that don't help...
Replies
Views
Nice screenshots btw: +1 from my side :) BTW: These are nice examples which could be used for new devs to get used to the MP2 structure.
Nice screenshots btw: +1 from my side :) BTW: These are nice examples which could be used for new devs to get used to the MP2...
In Titanium, it's possible to see the news in the main page. My firts idea was to ckick on it to get the full news ^^ But it's...
Replies
Views
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of them. ServerSettings.XML should allow you to supply a list of IPs to bind to. The default behaviour should be to bind to all. Hard code loopback to always bind?
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of...
Multi function machines (firewall, VPN server etc) will have multiple IP addresses and you may not want MP2 server bound to all of...
Replies
Views
At around this time of the year (just before my annual Christmas drinks party), I think about this thread, because I still think this would be a nice feature. It would be great to be able to broadcast audio to different clients simultaneously. So far, the only solution I have is to use "TeamViewer" (VNC type thing) with shared audio...
At around this time of the year (just before my annual Christmas drinks party), I think about this thread, because I still think...
I wonder if it might be possible to allow synchronisation of media playback between different clients on the network (for any...
Replies
Views
is it possible to switch to a different channel as the program starts automatically. and create a list of programs to switch to throughout the day, without switching manually.
is it possible to switch to a different channel as the program starts automatically. and create a list of programs to switch to...
is it possible to switch to a different channel as the program starts automatically. and create a list of programs to switch to...
Replies
Views
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if you want to quit the playing item and succeed just with the new one or if you want to play it in PIP mode.
Hi, start playing a first media item (e.g. movie) start playing a second media item (e.g. music) and a pop-up dialog will ask, if...
Would it be possible to have a configurable button that would swap PIP in one go. Currently you have select menu 4 times then...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately that doesn't get me anywhere: this is not a standard link that one could use in other applications. EDIT: It works. Simply use the Name of the newly added link, e.g. SkyGo and refer to it as SkyGo.lnk in the AppLaunche Settings.
Unfortunately that doesn't get me anywhere: this is not a standard link that one could use in other applications. EDIT: It works...
Hi, being a German Sky user, I would be interested in expanding the DRM support to SkyGo, Sky's online media library SkyGo...
Replies
Views
Hello :) I hope there will be support for Airstar2 WDM driver with Slim TV - NativeTV 3.5 in future I´m new at mediaportal and don´t want to setup a MP1 Server for live TV. At the moment the NativeTV 3.5 works only with the (instable) Airstar2 BDA Driver. When i have installed the WDM driver and try to scan for channels the hole...
Hello :) I hope there will be support for Airstar2 WDM driver with Slim TV - NativeTV 3.5 in future I´m new at mediaportal and...
Hello :) I hope there will be support for Airstar2 WDM driver with Slim TV - NativeTV 3.5 in future I´m new at mediaportal and...
Replies
Views
@henso, I just mean in general it seems like an excessive amount of folders which contain over 160,000 files. I only have 87 series and 8,242 movies, antivirus has the MP2 folders excluded but it's still a lot of small files and folders for a system to deal with. Maybe it wouldn't make much difference cutting stuff down, I am just...
@henso, I just mean in general it seems like an excessive amount of folders which contain over 160,000 files. I only have 87 series...
Just a suggestion but perhaps there could be some better organization on the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\FanArt...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom